gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using both left and right arrows? I just fired mine up, hit menu, and up come the various icons, push left or right arrows and it moves from one icon to another. Push menu again and the selected program such as sensitivity displays a bar, and the left and right arrows lower or raise the sensitivity. To get out of the menu section you have to select one of the four hunt modes to return to the main screen. I hope this helps.

OP
OP
Jeremy76

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tried everything gunsil. Not only that, PP button not working and mode selection buttons not working. It's toast!! Talked to Minlab tech this morning he said it sounds like defective faceplate or possible program issue. The good news is they were more than happy to replace it (which I would expect) and pay for the postage both ways (I did not expect).

On a side note he also said that a couple of years ago word got out that Minelab had terrible customer service. He went on to say this isn't true and we (Minelab) will do whatever it takes to make our customers happy. No complaints here so far, these things happen sometime. Especially to me. Haha!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you are getting a happy ending to your tribulations!! I sent mine in to Minelab for a minor glitch and they were very nice and prompt about taking care of it. I like my Safari, hope you learn to love yours and find a lot of goodies with it!! One little tip, they are VERY chatty. If you hunt more trashy ares turn the sensitivity down, sometimes all the way to twelve and it will cut out some of the chatter from disced out targets and still hit coins at 7-8" with no problem.

OP
OP
Jeremy76

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear you are getting a happy ending to your tribulations!! I sent mine in to Minelab for a minor glitch and they were very nice and prompt about taking care of it. I like my Safari, hope you learn to love yours and find a lot of goodies with it!! One little tip, they are VERY chatty. If you hunt more trashy ares turn the sensitivity down, sometimes all the way to twelve and it will cut out some of the chatter from disced out targets and still hit coins at 7-8" with no problem.

I appreciate the input and thanks for the tip. Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread