Minelab has some new treats coming up in the future

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing new shown or specifically discussed, what are the treats?

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing new shown or specifically discussed, what are the treats?

The very end of the video they claim new technology is coming and you'll be able to know what your targets are before you dig them

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally X-ray vision and from Minelab no less.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The very end of the video they claim new technology is coming and you'll be able to know what your targets are before you dig them

To a certain extent, I can do that now.....as I did with my first machine 43 years ago. It's a matter of learning what your machine is telling you. I assume Minelab is predicting that they will be able to take the guess work out of it sometime in the future. Well, maybe, but have my doubts unless they think they can produce a detector that will show an image of the item with any kind of clarity and certainty. That has been a fantasy of everyone for some time now.

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
To a certain extent, I can do that now.....as I did with my first machine 43 years ago. It's a matter of learning what your machine is telling you. I assume Minelab is predicting that they will be able to take the guess work out of it sometime in the future. Well, maybe, but have my doubts unless they think they can produce a detector that will show an image of the item with any kind of clarity and certainty. That has been a fantasy of everyone for some time now.

Agreed! If they could just stop us from having to dig pull tabs that would be a great step!
I love minelab, don't get me wrong.
Happy hunting!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing that I've heard about coming out in the near future is a new entry level machine.
Aside from that, I'm personally hoping for a non-waterproof no-GPS FBS2 machine.

OP
OP
lost items recovery

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The only thing that I've heard about coming out in the near future is a new entry level machine. Aside from that, I'm personally hoping for a non-waterproof no-GPS FBS2 machine.
Hopefully the right people hear your call and you get what you wish for.
Maybe people should send in some of these ideas.
Good luck hunting

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently had an epiphany. Metal detectors and fishing lures are very similar.

Most fishing lures are ment to catch fishermen. Some of these over priced metal detectors, find a lot of suckers.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and you'll be able to know what your targets are before you dig them

where did I hear that before ? :(

Sorry imo so far that phrase has been false advertising.

telling you, you may have found a can tab, is not telling you what is in the ground before you dig.
anyone who has used a detector knows until you dig, it can be anything.
incliding a gold coin, Ring, 1913 Liberty Head Nickel Or the rarest Aluminum Token ever.

add to that, if it has a HD Quality Video of the item where you can even
zoom in & read the Date on that dime before you dig it,
the machine is going to cost you $30,000.00. even if it cost $30.00 to build it.

And personally would ruin the Fun.

would be Even more boring then a Planted hunt.
At least in planted hunts you sill have surprises.

Only type of detector that needs imaging is one that detects so deep
you need heavy equipment or a team of diggers to reach. :unhappysmiley:

That said, a CTX 3030 Pro priced reasonably $150.00 would be a treat :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the Garrett 2500 supposed to do some 'imaging'.

Bucketfreak317

Feb 3, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 Whites BH
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not trying to be a jerk here but I'm going to sound that way no matter what I say with my reply here but while researching the X-Terra705 and other models of MD's form different companies it seems to me like every metal detector manufacturer on the face of the planet is already using this technology,the only draw back to this is this technology and other features to these MD's is they only seem to work in the actual owners/instruction manuals or the advertising video's posted on youtube where the presentation of such features is well controlled and not out in the field?
IMO one could go out and hit a few yard sales purchase an MD produced in the 1980's and if that MD has iron discrimination you would have an MD as good as current detectors being sold today other than the fact that the newer detectors are using AA batteries and are quite a bit lighter and conserve on power I just don't see that much has changed in the sales end other than the numbers of half truths and slick word play in advertising,which is almost always used to lead the consumer to one conclusion "no matter what the detector is or is not doing right" its user error and not the detector.
What I've mentioned here has been alluded to already by two other people,I certainly do not have it out for minelab the detector I have right now was a gift and not the choice of detector that I had planned to buy but I'm glad I have it because it has proven one thing to me if this detector can not distinguish between a modern quarter and a chunk of an aluminum can that has been hit with a lawn mower at some point in time and made its way under the soil I doubt very seriously that if I had a detector that ranges from $700.00- $1300.00 + that I would be able to distinguish anything different than what I can now.
Some may not agree with that statement and that's fine that's just my two cents and at best I can only say what I've said a few times here on treasure net you can't dig what isn't there,and even if a target is what your looking for your detector in all actuality can not and will not tell you what that target is.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would hope the next step would be the E-Trac II

From what I have seen the Explorer line has evolved for many many years now and has has many different new models every few years from the Explorer S / XS / II / SE / SE Pro

I know this E-Trac has been out for what like 5 years now ... I would think it's time for a new E-Trac machine since it seems the "E-Trac" name has now replaced the Explorer name.

So anyone know when the new E-Trac TWO may release?

I would love to have Brand New Minelab technology but not a $2,500 price tag of the 3030 .... the 1000-1500 range at most I think in my opinion is the sweet for the high end machine .... be good to see a NEW one from Minelab in that price category.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall in the early 80s when I quickly learned to turn the discriminator on my Inca up until all tabs were eliminated... What a haul of coins! I recall another guy with a whites had a couple nickels, a few coins and a bag full of pull tabs... He pointed out I was missing nickels and Then I showed him a steel war nickel! Sure all the bells and whistles are cool but I had just as much fun with that old Tesoro!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hope the next step would be the E-Trac II From what I have seen the Explorer line has evolved for many many years now and has has many different new models every few years from the Explorer S / XS / II / SE / SE Pro I know this E-Trac has been out for what like 5 years now ... I would think it's time for a new E-Trac machine since it seems the "E-Trac" name has now replaced the Explorer name. So anyone know when the new E-Trac TWO may release? I would love to have Brand New Minelab technology but not a $2,500 price tag of the 3030 .... the 1000-1500 range at most I think in my opinion is the sweet for the high end machine .... be good to see a NEW one from Minelab in that price category.
The Etrac 2 is the CTX! Laughing!!! The Etrac in same shaft configuration as the CTX without GPS or being waterproof and a little lighter than CTX would be great.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How about a detector that could stop time so you could keep hunting without having to worry about other commitments? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread