Rainproof? 705

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The AT pro will since it is waterproof to 10 feet. But the 705 will require you have a cover for the control unit. A ziplock bag will work in a pinch though for the 705.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATP won't care.
I've hunted in sprinkles often with my 705 and an eviro-cover w/o issue. When it comes to a downpour, I haven't tested that, because I don't want to be in it. Not only did my mama teach me to have enough sense to come in out of the rain, but digging in those conditions other than at the beach just makes a huge mess.

OP
OP
3stooge

3stooge

Greenie
Apr 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what an enviro cover is.

Today for instance, the weather is fairly typical for here in the Pacific Northwest; it would pour down for 5 minutes and then then the sun would show for a bit, then it would rain again for a little bit. If I waited for a day with no rain, I'm afraid I might be waiting a while.

I would have already bought the ATPRO but I read a post on the forum of a guy having issues on the beach and even in dry sand due. We would use the detector at the beach often and that thread made me worry about that detector being up to the task. So the other one that looks to fit sounds like the 705. The only thing I worry with it is getting wet, but if a bag over the box will work then maybe I can keep it on the list. .......

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, a simple bag will keep the X-Terra 705's controls dry.... on the coil end most of the X-Terra coils are totally waterproof, the rest are water resistant. Either type of coil would be fine in the rain, as the difference is one can be submerged while the water resistant one cannot.

Slayer1985

Jun 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a 705 and it's super easy to learn and I have the cover for it and it works great in the rain I also live in the pnw it's a great choice I am totally happy with mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread