Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's alive

Last Fall I posted a thread about my detector having an issue, and I definitely know it did, otherwise I would not have used an Ace 250 to finish the year. Up to today I had only tested my batteries and coil by using them on my new detector, but finally today I gave my Explorer a test run and it worked perfect. So I have absolutely no idea what was wrong with it the day I was having issues, but it ust would not snap out of it. Maybe my batteries can't handle the cold.... really don't know. In hind sight I should have taken it out again to try, but at the time there was just nothing that would clear up the problem... and I would not have used a Garrett Ace had I thought there was any way to resolve it. So even though my hunt did not go great today, it's good to know I have a duo of working explorers again.:headbang:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now is your 250 your main go to detector now And the Explorers your back up detectors ? I know you love the Garrett 250 detectors..

Texas Looter

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad she's working again. I am confused though. If you have two explorers why did you have to use the 250?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now is your 250 your main go to detector now And the Explorers your back up detectors ? I know you love the Garrett 250 detectors..

Yes, I swing one in each arm and kick another with my foot. :)

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad she's working again. I am confused though. If you have two explorers why did you have to use the 250?

The problem was in the Fall, and I bought a new one at Christmas. That should tell you how convinced I was there was a serious problem. That said, I'm probably going to sell my 2nd one and buy a Deus. I have a 3 year warranty with my new one, and there's just no point in letting the other sit around. Down the road a few years if my Explorer is still my main detector I'll probably grab another cheap just before they stop fixing the things. But for right now I'll be quite content having any 2 good detectors that work.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear its working fine for you! :thumbsup:

And your idea for a new one-two punch would be an awesome combo!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread