Opinions on the coiltex 12 x 8 and sunray x-8

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the sunray x-8 for my explorer se pro...and I am not sure if its the coil or just the way the machine is..but I hardly ever get a solid ID on my target's, always jumping around...I have had some E-trac users tell me they found the same thing with using the sunray and that when they went to the coiltex 12 x 8 treasure seeker that there target ID,s where solid and stayed put with out jumping around....any body have any thoughts on this....

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
I use a Sunray 8" on my Explorer and I think it's a great coil.stable,light,good depth.It's on the machine 75% of the time.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the sunray x-8 for my explorer se pro...and I am not sure if its the coil or just the way the machine is..but I hardly ever get a solid ID on my target's, always jumping around...I have had some E-trac users tell me they found the same thing with using the sunray and that when they went to the coiltex 12 x 8 treasure seeker that there target ID,s where solid and stayed put with out jumping around....any body have any thoughts on this....

I almost bought the 12x8 TS but when I was told it was the same weight as the 15" WOT I quickly changed my mind. The X-8 should be very stable even in manual sensitivity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread