WHAT DETECTOR S DID MINELAB PUT OUT OF PRODUCTION ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the etrac's performance on silver and its price it will be a while before its death. I would maybe take an etrac 2, an original etrac but with faster processor at similar price to kill original etrac. I once had 2 of them and made some great finds even in the nail pits. Just have to go reaaaaaaaaal slow and listen and open your disc down to line 27.

Sam Cobra

Oct 22, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply

I appreciate the info.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab also discontinued the Musketeer Advantage Pro. And the earlier Musketeer XS before that.

Great intro machine but no "video"

test-A-0.gif

Also, the Eldorado Mk II, Excalibur, Explorer II, Eureka, Golden Hawk, Goldseekers 15000, Gold Striker, Klondike, Quatro MP, Stirling, Tribune and the excellent Sovereigns mentioned earlier, and a bunch of others.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Safari is basically a Quattro with a faster processor...

ime, the CTX is 3x or more faster than the Safari processor. Hard to give a quantitative answer + I love my Safari, but it is a turtle compared to the CTX.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ime, the CTX is 3x or more faster than the Safari processor. Hard to give a quantitative answer + I love my Safari, but it is a turtle compared to the CTX.

I agree, but I am not sure if it is that much slower, lol.

I didn't realize how slow the Etrac and CTX processors are compared to other detectors because I have gotten used to them. They are still fairly fast just not Tesoro or XP fast. I used my CTX in competition last week and although I was able to pinpoint tokens that others missed, I had to move at a snail's pace. I still did ok, but I am sure I would have found 5 more tokens or more if I had a faster detector.

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first detector was the Sovereign. I still use and love it but I'm a little saddened they discontinued it :crybaby2:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
They are much slower than my fisher f70 or dfx, but my etrac has found me a lot more silver than my other detectors. The etrac is my machine of choice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread