KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,
I wanted to pop in here and say hello, and express my excitement on a new Safari that should be arriving soon.
I've been using a number of different machines, but I've never owned a Minelab. I traded in my AT pro so I hope that the Safari was a good decision.
Hope to learn more about it from you experienced Safari users here!

Cheers,
Ken

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on your new Minelab! I'm a big fan of the Minelab products!
Happy hunting!

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,
I wanted to pop in here and say hello, and express my excitement on a new Safari that should be arriving soon.
I've been using a number of different machines, but I've never owned a Minelab. I traded in my AT pro so I hope that the Safari was a good decision.
Cheers,
Ken

After owning/using a Minelab, you will be like," AT what?":laughing7: On my 4th Minelab (finally got a 705) and wouldn't own anything else now. I had a DFX before the 705 and to its credit, it performed really good but just had way too many adjustments for me and .....it wasn't a Minelab:icon_thumleft:

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Have had a lot of fun and success with my "Safari". Depending on where you are going to hunt, a 5" excelerator coil is a great choice to be added especially if in a trashy area. You will enjoy it! :icon_thumleft: I like the way the Minelabs scream at ya to let ya know "Hey, I found it dummy right here under my coil" :laughing7:. Very precise and very good at pinpointing targets. Very simple to operate but a good strong machine. My only complaint is the cam lock tabs up and down the shaft become weak and allows shaft to loosen. Little tabs can be replaced though.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

Cheers,
Ken

Congrats on the Minelab Safari Metal Detector | BigBoysHobbies! It is a deep one!

OP
OP
KennyD

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the Safari came today. Took it out for a spin and all I can say is WOW!
I'm definitely going to love this heater! I couldn't be happier with it.
Thanks everyone for any and all advice you've posted.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you like it! Heck of a machine.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad we could get you into a Minelab, Ken! It will be fun to see what you find with it! Swing it slow as compared to the AT Pro and you will have a lot of success with it. :)

OP
OP
KennyD

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Keith for hooking me up with this great machine, you rock!
My only regret is that I didn't get a Safari a long time ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread