** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But then the detector would cost $1800 and the coils $100 ea.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But then the detector would cost $1800 and the coils $100 ea.
I wish I could get coils for $100 as it is!

You really can't compare what can be done with other machines to the Xterra, because V-Flex technology is unlike anything else. It's all digital nature means that coils for it are not just simple copper windings in an epoxy filled plastic case. There are actually chips in the coils that communicate with the control box. Three sets of windings w/three frequency chips w/switching control chip, and you'd have a 10" coil that weighs 4½lbs. that costs $400.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I could get coils for $100 as it is!

You really can't compare what can be done with other machines to the Xterra, because V-Flex technology is unlike anything else. It's all digital nature means that coils for it are not just simple copper windings in an epoxy filled plastic case. There are actually chips in the coils that communicate with the control box. Three sets of windings w/three frequency chips w/switching control chip, and you'd have a 10" coil that weighs 4½lbs. that costs $400.
But they have the Eureka Gold go to 3 different Frequency's 6.4 , 20 , & 60 kHz with one coil and a switch on the power box..

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
As I understand them, they are a mostly analog hybrid, operating much like a digitally enhanced wireless Eureka.
You mean that the Deus is the same as a Eureka sort of ? Well then all you have to do is get wireless head phones for the Eureka and save your self some money .. And then the Eureka is more or less better than the Deus for it runs on 3 different Frequency's …. and cheaper..

Last edited:

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean that the Deus is the same as a Eureka sort of ? Well then all you have to do is get wireless head phones for the Eureka and save your self some money .. And then the Eureka is more or less better than the Deus for it runs on 3 different Frequency's …. and cheaper..
All I'm saying is that they have more in common. The XP's electronics are still far more sophisticated and refined, as well as wireless.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think for the price the X-terra is tough to beat, you can get additional coils over time as you gain experience and can afford it. I know a Deus or E-trac are just out
of my price range

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread