Sov gt batt pack

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Hi folks,
The plastic clips holding my battery pack in the machine have broken off, contacted minelab to see if they have a repair kit available, they said no and to try cable ties.
This won't work as there is a lot of tension on the pack and would need wedges as well
Anyone had this problem before?
The battery pack is good so I don't relish the thought of going to the expense of replacing it.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you might have to replace them no help here….There is a double AA battery pack on ebay for $45.00……... At this time there are 2 sovereign detectors for sale on ebay one has the clips on it broken and the other has no battery pack with it why a dealer would take a sovereign on trade with out a battery pack i do not know… From the looks of it you will have to buy a battery pack..

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Thanks for the reply keppy, yeah that's what I was afraid of.
It's the rechargeable pack too.
They are pretty pricey.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes to bad you can not get it to lock in some how .. Velcro or duck tape a good strong stick strong duck tape like that gorilla duck tape …That is what i would try… Well you know duck tape holds nascar race cars together going around the track at 180 MPH ..

OP
OP
A

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Tried the gorilla tape keppy, works a treat! $8 tape, $106 batt pack.
I'm grinnin!

donkarlos

Sep 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Sov gt, Ctx
Mine broke off as well - I use the hip mount bag so at least I know it isn't going to pop out but it really isn't a problem. It still snaps in pretty good and all. Definitely a design flaw, though.

OP
OP
A

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
I agree with the design flaw, but guess they don't have to worry about that anymore. I'm fairly certain it was the cold that made the plastic clips brittle and not excessive heat. Add to that there is a lot of tension to keep that battery closed in tight.
The tape works, just a bit time consuming and messy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread