Explorer SE pro’s depth equal to the E-trac?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

At the suggestion of another member, I am also posting this question in the Minelab forum.

Given all things equal (target- depth, soil matrix…etc) is the Explorer SE pro’s depth equal to the E-trac in a side by side test? I do understand they are different machines, but looking at one variable. Do they use similar FBS technology?

Any information from the field would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In depth alone? IMO, I wouldn't sell one to buy the other for that reason alone.

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree with cudamark.

tests performed here in Europe with a 2" buckle revealed that Explorer SE and Etrac were on par (both 16.5 inches), the CTX having an 1 1/4 " advantage.

So, nothing to wrtite home about, especially when you think that, with such detectors offering a huge amount of settings, the experience of the user will be the main thing to consider.

So, the only reason to upgrade would be the Etrac having one or two ground-breaking features you'd need the Explorer doens't offer, but, although I do not own an Etrac (don't like iron downunder...), I don't think it has, so I would stick with the Explorer.

HH

Grumpy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread