New Minelab GPZ 7000 $$$$$$$$

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to agree with you dizzy! Its not a machine that you would have components made in china. I'm sure its built to specific tolerances and the best parts available. Most likely a lot of gold pins on the circuit boards and likewise components! but it is a machine to be used for the purpose intended! I would like to see a fiber optic produced model, now that would be a real-time responsive piece of machinery.

The money they make off the "cheap" ones the cost a few thousand dollars is just shocking.
By adding an additional $8000 to their asking prices they know they will get it., They do the research and they know their clients well.

Isn't it amazing how you just give them the benefit of the doubt
In general even the ones that cost a few thousand dollars are Not built very well at all

They certainly lag in structural design, and no one here in the history of this site has ever been able to tell us what actual components are in them
You guys really really really want to believe that the equipment that you use is worth thousands and thousands of dollars.
Even though it's built on the same platform as one of their previous models, yet somehow you are just assuming that it's "built to specific tolerances and full of gold pins."

Wow, just wow......

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
10K$, it's really a joke. When I see how the CTX is buit and how its getting old.... 2500$ will be the maximum amount I'll put into the GPZ!

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
ANYONE who says that their $800 (any brand) detector can search anywhere and find anything a GPX5000 can is either hallucinating or knows absolutely nothing about metal detectors.

Anybody HONESTLY think that if ANY $800 detector could keep up with a $5000 GPX, that ALL the pro nugget hunters would be buying the $5000 over this mysterious $800 dream machine? $800 won't even buy you a new PI Detector. Good luck with that.

Mike

Judging from the excitement generated by the items that are generally reported here , and most of the ones that make banner, it's very clear that I have experienced far more frequent, valuable, and significant finds then most orher "posters".

I know very little about metal detectors, I've only been using them for a few years, In general the over priced under built models that I've purchased are almost all lacking in very basic ways.

I think they cost very little to innovate and build, the technology in them is unbelievably cheap and outdated, and (with the exception of one model) generally built for the specific purpose of taking advantage of an existing client base that is very vulnerable to sensationalized marketing.

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They're worth whatever price people will pay :)...

I have been dreaming about a CTX-3030 for a long time. Do I think the components inside that detector in themselves are worth $2499? No I don't, but they most certainly are getting that price every day. Metal detectors (especially the high-end ones) are priced for a fairly vertical market, so they do charge a pretty steep price to recover R&D costs more quickly.

The main thing I dislike about the industry as a whole is their ability to control prices. Very few products enjoy that luxury (Apple, etc). I certainly understand why they do it, but it really makes it difficult or next to impossible to wait out a new model of detector in hopes that the price will come down as the new models come out. Even Apple can't do that!

Last edited:

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

MARCVS

Sep 27, 2008
Europe
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White`s Eagle Spectrum II,White`s DFX,Minelab X-Terra 705,Minelab GPX 4500,White`s MX Sport,Minelab E-Trac,Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Would love to hold it in my hands,just for one short hunt
I bet it is amazing detectors,it must be for that kind of money

Natas

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2013
KabinBuri
Detector(s) used
Antique Whites "Coin Getter"
Minecraft CTX-3030
Garrett ATZ Deep Seeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I booked a trip to Oz to buy one.. since the dealer here will probably never get one in stock (one man show kinda thing). I was really going to go for the SDC2300 first then this monster came out. I have a CTX 3030 which I fall more and more in love with each time I use it. I did change my mind and come to my senses and bought a Garrett ATZ DeepSeeker second hand instead. I did visit the Minelab dealer and hold a GPZ .. I really think it will have construction problems, my CTX feels flimsy enough with a considerably lighter coil on it. The shaft is a bit different, but still.... What I love about the CTX is the display.. you can actually see the coin under the coil. you could be deaf and still use the thing to the fullest. Thats cool in my book. The GPZ uses the display for what? menus and the GPS (which really leaves a lot to be desired, always full.. can't continue a hunt if you switch off etc..)

Anyway talked to a guy selling a GPZ second hand after having it 2 weeks.... A pro nugget hunter.... said it didnt impress him and went back to his GPX 5000.

so there are some random thoughts... take em for what they are worth.. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread