Sovereign and Excalibur Book Link

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free Free eBook - Finding Rings with the Sovereign and Excalibur

I have decided to share the content of this book with the Minelab Sovereign and Excalibur community. Originally written 18 years ago, much of the information pertains to the earlier models of the Sovereign and Excalibur, but most of it still applies to the latest versions as well. There are some of the accessories that were available back then that are no longer available, and there are new accessories that were long in coming and aren't included in the book. I hope that it will be beneficial to both the new users of these great detectors as well as the old salts that have used them as long, or longer than I. There's nothing fancy about it, nor does it contain a lot of fluff. I hope you enjoy it.

Ring Book

Good hunting...

Jeff of PA has approved this post.

Last edited:

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tibortt

Greenie
Mar 11, 2015
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", X-Terra 705, 3 Khz, 7.5 Khz, 18.75 Khz, Digger.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you

Great Info HighPlainsHunter:thumbsup: Thank you for sharing it!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a great little book. I read it in less than an hour and it makes some very important points of digging all targets in the water. Highlights that pinpoint is deeper than discrimination, that changing from Autosensitivity to setting Sensitivity to all the way counterclockwise (to 10 on Excalibur) can increase target detection by 2-3" in some situations and that not all rejects in discrimination, even in auto, are "junk". Good reading even if you don't have an Excalibur or Sovereign.

OP
OP
HighPlainsHunter

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great little book. I read it in less than an hour and it makes some very important points of digging all targets in the water. Highlights that pinpoint is deeper than discrimination, that changing from Autosensitivity to setting Sensitivity to all the way counterclockwise (to 10 on Excalibur) can increase target detection by 2-3" in some situations and that not all rejects in discrimination, even in auto, are "junk". Good reading even if you don't have an Excalibur or Sovereign.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad that you found it useful. If it helps you find one more target you may have missed, then I've accomplished my goal by sharing the book...

OP
OP
HighPlainsHunter

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we are two years later, and nearly 6700 views. I hope it was worthwhile reading and helped some users with the learning curve of the Sovereign and Excalibur...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread