E-trac Question On Auto Sen.

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using the e-trac in a 100 year old park that at one time was an old farm, I have been finding a lot of deep iron and it nulls almost all the time, today I put the Auto Sen. at -1 with 50 tones cond. and the ground came alive finding coins, I am not sure whats going on, but I think because of the less Sen. not going so deep it was hitting on the coins before it hit the iron. ???? any opinions on what might be happening ?

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High beems in fog you cant see far, low beems in fog you see farther...Same thing with sens, in iron. .
George

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't list what the other settings are. What settings were you using before? Are these the only 2 things that changed? Do you have "high trash" turned on?

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting concept, I'll have to try it next time I'm in a really trashy spot.:thumbsup:
It will be a little different since I'm working a SE pro but could work.

I'll update later.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been running sens much higher than auto without using "high trash". Appears I need to change settings, cause no silver in last 5 hunts. Great relics though.
Site dates to the 1830s, with continual activity. I should have found more silver by now.
Next time out I will use auto sens and high trash.
Thanks
Peace ✌

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread