is the Minelab Excalibur i also known as Excalibur 1000?

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've not done much water hunting yet and honestly, very little research to this point. I'm a bit closer to beaches now and hope to start spending time there this season. Today, I was offered a brand new boxed Excalibur I for $600 (from a trusted source). Should I be jumping on this rig at this price or let it slide and do a bit more homework and shopping?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the 1000 and 800 are there to designate the 10" and 8" coil versions. You say a brand new excal 1, but there have been several. Is it a horseshoe coil or is it a round coil with a blue lable on the control pod? If the latter, get it. Just be aware, you may need to get it service before it gets wet. Seals and cords can dry and rot over time. Be a shame to drown new electronics.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is truly a brand new REAL X1... then you should buy it...
If not... I will... :)

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the 1000 and 800 are there to designate the 10" and 8" coil versions. You say a brand new excal 1, but there have been several. Is it a horseshoe coil or is it a round coil with a blue lable on the control pod? If the latter, get it. Just be aware, you may need to get it service before it gets wet. Seals and cords can dry and rot over time. Be a shame to drown new electronics.

I have not gotten to open the box to check yet, so not sure on the type of coil. I'll let you know. I'm one who's usually preaching about doing homework, but timing is what it is sometimes and tonight doesn't allow for homework. This deal is likely to be gone by end of business tomorrow.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is used and in good condition I would jump on it, $600 is great price for a used Excalibur in good condition from trusted source....👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread