CTX 3030 new model, update, Any word?

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read minelab is working on an update and I am curious to see what it is. If you are talking an actual new machine..I wouldnt hold your breath as I would be willing to bet it will be a few years. what are the obvious improvements you think it needs?

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I read minelab is working on an update and I am curious to see what it is. If you are talking an actual new machine..I wouldnt hold your breath as I would be willing to bet it will be a few years. what are the obvious improvements you think it needs?

Thx for yout reply, Maybe another time. We only write positive reviews here.......

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe in 5 years or so...not quite yet. Anything is possible. I think well see a dive machine first.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe in 5 years or so...not quite yet. Anything is possible. I think well see a dive machine first.

Wow, 5 years. I'll bet it will be a lot sooner then that.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
faster feedback when using "Recovery Deep" mode to be comparable to the Deus. This could be a good update as the CTX is very slow.

An update on the USB port concerning the waterproofing will be great and if the CTX could have some extra tuning features it'll be welcome.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
faster feedback when using "Recovery Deep" mode to be comparable to the Deus. This could be a good update as the CTX is very slow.

An update on the USB port concerning the waterproofing will be great and if the CTX could have some extra tuning features it'll be welcome.

It is slow.
Thank you for starting this off....... The same four posters keep telling me "How well made and capable" the present design is.

Funny, I think it has borderline too many tuning features.

Its very vulnerable at most all the waterproof interphases, Ten feet? I don't let mine get salt water wet at all. Of course it still does. The temporary "replace the gasket fixes" are ridiculous.
It is very slow, slower then a Sovereign GT . Pertaining to processing capability it is an actual step back.

Its a good platform, and well worth improving on. Its user interphase is somewhat advanced and a step in the right direction. It graphically presents targets well and is fun to use.

Last edited:

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
It is slow.
Thank you for starting this off....... The same four posters keep telling me "How well made and capable" the present design is.

Funny, I think it has borderline too many tuning features.

Its very vulnerable at most all the waterproof interphases, Ten feet? I don't let mine get salt water wet at all. Of course it still does. The temporary "replace the gasket fixes" are ridiculous.
It is very slow, slower then a Sovereign GT . Pertaining to processing capability it is an actual step back.

Its a good platform, and well worth improving on. Its user interphase is somewhat advanced and a step in the right direction. It graphically presents targets well and is fun to use.

Thank you for the "ridiculous gasket fixe", I take it for me LoL as I almost only use my CTX underwater (scuba only).

It is faster then the sovereign / excalibur but on land relic search, when your are facing iron infested sites then you have to use the "recover fast" mode which don't perform as well as the Recover Deep.

Now I share your point of view, manufacturing quality is border line, everything is fragile on it. CTX has many displaying, sound configuration options, now concerning the Detection side configuration it's maybe too "simple" compared to XP DEUS which is the reference machine on the VLF market.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the "ridiculous gasket fixe", I take it for me LoL as I almost only use my CTX underwater (scuba only).

It is faster then the sovereign / excalibur but on land relic search, when your are facing iron infested sites then you have to use the "recover fast" mode which don't perform as well as the Recover Deep.

Now I share your point of view, manufacturing quality is border line, everything is fragile on it. CTX has many displaying, sound configuration options, now concerning the Detection side configuration it's maybe too "simple" compared to XP DEUS which is the reference machine on the VLF market.

I really like the XP Deus, I have had one for a while. I have very little time on it, and I'm excited about getting more proficient on it. Are the custom programs vast improvements over the ten factory presets? I would imagine more so in some cases over others, depending on application huh?

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I only use the XP on land for very oldy relic hunt (at least -100BC). Was for a long time running v2.0. Seems v3.3 has some improvements espicially for all metal mode.

You can ask Rivers rat for DEUS tweeking as he is probably with his friend on the most advance user of XP DEUS (they are beta testers for XP Metal and hunt with the CEO).

I did a few hunt with them on roman sites, I had my CTX so we could compared. CTX was able to go a bit deeper (more powerfull) on our coin reference in south Europe : very very small silver coin "obole de marseille" https://www.google.com/search?q=obole+de+marseille&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yscwVf3MBc2wabXogbgG&ved=0CCEQsAQ&biw=2560&bih=1439 , means I could a bit deeper (which is a great advantage) but they could cover at least 2-3 times more surface then I could using the Deep target recovery mode on the CTX.

CTX3030 is when purely looking at the detection side a very good a strong value... but on the field....it's VERY heavy etc...

It took me nearly 6 month to take out 100% of it and when used underwater or beach (shallow & dry) it just THE perfect machine. Now for land search........ DEUS is just my 99% choice LoL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread