Speaker quiting.

wpgdarrell

Jul 1, 2014
Winnipeg
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought a new Minelab 305 and the speaker is cutting out? What gives? Have to turn it off then on for it to operate again. Don't use headphones.Would return it but being where I live would waste a whole season of metal detecting. Wouldn't care because can see readings on machine.Bur need to hear ground balance.Would headphones work without speaker?

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Likely it's a bad headphone jack. Phones should still work, and are a good idea to use for multiple reasons anyway.
FWIW, I couldn't tell you if my speaker works or not. I haven't hunted w/o phones for years, and wouldn't go back to hunting w/o for all the tea in china.

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 305 and knock on wood have not had any problems at all with the unit. Still learning the ground balancing.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Likely it's a bad headphone jack. Phones should still work, and are a good idea to use for multiple reasons anyway.
FWIW, I couldn't tell you if my speaker works or not. I haven't hunted w/o phones for years, and wouldn't go back to hunting w/o for all the tea in china.

Agreed. Did you get this problem worked out?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread