cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate what your telling me. It's just that what they're telling you on the phone is different from what they're telling me. I'm looking for the receipt right now. The box is long gone as the coil was shipped straight to OBN for installation. I just got the completed product.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate what your telling me. It's just that what they're telling you on the phone is different from what they're telling me. I'm looking for the receipt right now. The box is long gone as the coil was shipped straight to OBN for installation. I just got the completed product.
How many times did you talk to them? As I said, I talk to them on your behalf and they told me if you could produce the sales receipt they would except it as proof.....

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coiltek makes exceptional coils...
It is really odd you have this kind of problem...
I personally own two of them(WOT Spider style and Joe) and can't tell anything bad about them.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a fan of their coils too. When they work, they work great. Extra depth and coverage over the stock coil without losing sensitivity on the small targets. Once they work out the problems with the Sov/Excal version, I'm sure it will be a winner again. I'm just not sure I'm willing to wait that long. I certainly don't want to install one of the suspect ones, so, what are they going to give me as a replacement? They claim to have some in stock that have been "tested". Well, I would hope so! They all should be tested before leaving the factory, even if there are no inherent problems. I would assume that the ones that are failing now were once "tested" and declared good. Must be a design flaw that didn't crop up during the testing phase. Until they discover the flaw and cure it, I'm leery about trying another one. They don't cover shipping and installation costs.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a fan of their coils too. When they work, they work great. Extra depth and coverage over the stock coil without losing sensitivity on the small targets. Once they work out the problems with the Sov/Excal version, I'm sure it will be a winner again. I'm just not sure I'm willing to wait that long. I certainly don't want to install one of the suspect ones, so, what are they going to give me as a replacement? They claim to have some in stock that have been "tested". Well, I would hope so! They all should be tested before leaving the factory, even if there are no inherent problems. I would assume that the ones that are failing now were once "tested" and declared good. Must be a design flaw that didn't crop up during the testing phase. Until they discover the flaw and cure it, I'm leery about trying another one. They don't cover shipping and installation costs.

To my knowledge they are not tested before leaving the factory. New ones do not seem as sensitive new as the old ones.

Detech recalled all the 12x15" butterfly coils for the Sov/Excal last week so now it is Coiltek and Detech, 2 different manufacturers recalling the 15" coils for the Excal/Sov. That tells me they buy from same supplier and most likely defective circuit boards mounted inside the coils.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over two months now and not a word on a replacement from Kellyco. Anyone have an update as to when the "new and improved" WOT will be available?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over two months now and not a word on a replacement from Kellyco. Anyone have an update as to when the "new and improved" WOT will be available?
Coiltek sent a demo of the new WOT to Kellyco and Kellyco asked me to test it at the beach, I found it stable and deep. I imagine it will be a month or two before it is released for sale.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will let you know as soon as Kellyco let's me know it is in stock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread