SERIAL NUMBER

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would have to call Minelab. I don't think it matters where it was made unless you bought a knock off.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, you have to call Minelab.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Minelab detectors are now made in Maylasia...Serial numbers will not tell you when they were made except for the CTX 3030 and that requires calling Minelab........

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All Minelab detectors are now made in Maylasia...Serial numbers will not tell you when they were made except for the CTX 3030 and that requires calling Minelab........
That's not true. The serial number range will be year specific and most likely also plant specific. Calling Minelab they should be able to tell you when and where it was made. Before Codan bought Minelab, there were a couple a places the E-Trac was made. Many people prefer the Ireland built machines, but there is no real evidence that any plant is better or worse than any other.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not true. The serial number range will be year specific and most likely also plant specific. Calling Minelab they should be able to tell you when and where it was made. Before Codan bought Minelab, there were a couple a places the E-Trac was made. Many people prefer the Ireland built machines, but there is no real evidence that any plant is better or worse than any other.

Jason it is true, I talked to Nadia in Minelab about it myself...

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You really want to call MineLab if you buy a used CTX 3030 ... there are so many fake ones out there... Its even on Minelab's website...

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I talked to Nadia a few months ago to get a manufacture date on my 1000 and she stated they no longer keep records for the Excals beyond 10 years...

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned Etracs built in Ireland and also those built in Malaysia. Plus several have come though on trades, and there has been zero difference in build quality or performance. Feel confident that any authentic Etrac will perform the same as any other... :)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You really want to call MineLab if you buy a used CTX 3030 ... there are so many fake ones out there... Its even on Minelab's website...

Yes ALWAYS verify the serial # with Minelab. The fake market on all the machines is exploding!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread