Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a 705 Gold this past fall. I have been only able to get out a couple hours here and there. I have noticed that TID numbers with the DD HF coil are a little different than the 7khz. Can anyone tell me what the numbers are for gold and silver? I have only found coins so far and lots of pull tabs. Pull tabs especially seem to be all over the spectrum. 8-28. Thanks for the help. P.S. I did make a great find this weekend. A new detecting rig. I figured if I am gonna be digging tabs, might as well look good doing it.

00O0O_b7RNGFmxmbb_600x450.jpg

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold depends on a lot of factors, including depth, mass, shape, content, soil makeup, etc..... It can and does come in anywhere from 2 to 40 typically.
Silver and copper most often will register 38+, but also come with the same caveat as gold relative to size if other than a coin.

Smaller HF coils are more sensitive to small low conductors, however they are not as accurate on high conductors. Inversely, LF coils are more likely to miss small gold and other low conductors, but hit hard and are more accurate on high conductors. In part, the reason for this is due to target bin segment width assignments, which are part of the programming. It is also why the MF coils are the most "honest", because they have the most uniform bin segment widths.

If you haven't already, you should go to the Minelab website and download Randy Horton's FREE e-book "Understanding Your X-Terra", and read it...twice at least. And while you're on Minelab's site, you might be well advised to check out Randy's articles "Which X-Terra Coil Is Best For Me?"
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? part 1
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? part 2
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? part 3
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 3 | Treasure Talk
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? part 4
Which X-TERRA coil is best for me? - Part 4 | Treasure Talk

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. I have read Randy's ebook and have it saved on my computer. It is a great reference tool. It mostly talks about an xterra with a stock 7.5khz coil. But still has a lot of useful information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread