Greenie
Jan 6, 2015
Cosby, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got an E-Trac yesterday and got home with only about an hour of daylight left. I went to a very pounded park here in town and had just a little bit of time to try out the machine. There is one slope at the park that has produced some nice older coins and I have pounded that area for years. The last time I was there I couldn't even get a signal. I just put the E-Trac into the factory Coins program with just regular settings. After just a couple of swings my very first signal was a nice and loud 12-33 at 5-6 inches. I was surprised to just get a signal and I was even more surprised to see that my very first signal and coin found with the E-Trac was a nice 1904 Indian! There also was a large piece of iron below the IHP and that may have been keeping me from finding it before. This machine is awesome at sniffing out the coins among the trash. Afterwards, I also found a 1946 wheatie at 6 inches. Didn't have more time as I lost daylight but I can't wait to go back and hit it again with the E-Trac. Great machine!

DSCF6585 (Small).JPG

OP
OP
E

easttn

Greenie
Jan 6, 2015
Cosby, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been on a bit of a streak with the IHP's lately and have dug 5 of them in the last two months. It had been a while since I had found any.

Believe it or not, I was at Walmart getting a refund last week on my way out to go detecting and the cashier handed me three pennies in change. I looked down and one of them was a beautiful 1890 IHP! That is definitely the oldest coin I have gotten back in change.

OP
OP
E

easttn

Greenie
Jan 6, 2015
Cosby, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rob. Heck of a way to start out with the E-Trac.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see him seeing daylight again. Good luck with the new machine, but looks like you've got that going already. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
E

easttn

Greenie
Jan 6, 2015
Cosby, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see him seeing daylight again. Good luck with the new machine, but looks like you've got that going already. :thumbsup:

Thanks! I've learned a lot about the E-Trac soaking in the forum posts and watching You Tube videos. Fun to finally get to lay hands on one. Lots more to learn about this machine..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread