johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is a smaller 3Khz made now for the Xterra. However, a few years ago when I had an X-70 the 3Khz. coil was all I used when coin hunting. It was a killer a silver coins.

OP
OP
NeilinFR

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you. Yes there is a smaller coil made at that frequency too. I guess the 9" version made by minelab isn't that popular, your the only response to this post.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These coils were popular until the 6" Coiltek Digger came along... Now everyone wants the 6" due to the DD configuration.

OP
OP
NeilinFR

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Ok thank you. Im gonna try one, the 9" 3khz coil that is. I have a 6" 18.75khz coil coming, that's gonna be my small coil.
These coils were popular until the 6" Coiltek Digger came along... Now everyone wants the 6" due to the DD configuration.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have all three of the authorized 3kHz coils, and they are my most used.
Until Coiltek was authorized to develop the 6" and 15" 3kHz coils the 9" was all that we had, and it virtually lived on my 705. Now that we have the two DD coils, they are my preferred. The 9" is a great coil, but it suffers when trash density is high or where mineral levels are high.

OP
OP
NeilinFR

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Do you think it suffers more than say the 9" 7.5khz coil that comes on the 705? You mean concentric versus widescan?
Thank you,[
Neil
UOTE=Longhair;5113980]I have all three of the authorized 3kHz coils, and they are my most used.
Until Coiltek was authorized to develop the 6" and 15" 3kHz coils the 9" was all that we had, and it virtually lived on my 705. Now that we have the two DD coils, they are my preferred. The 9" is a great coil, but it suffers when trash density is high or where mineral levels are high.[/QUOTE]

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mean concentric versus widescan?
Thank you,
Neil
Yes Neil. Exactly what I said.
"it suffers when trash density is high or where mineral levels are high", specifically because it's a concentric as opposed to a DD configuration.

There are NO redundant authorised coils for Xterras, so each one brings something to the table that the others do not. And each one has it's place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread