My Hard Case version for the 3030

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As title says, its just my version of the Plano BowGuard case for the 3030, wanted a case that could hold the 3 coils, AC plug, headphones too, so ended up buying the plano, it comes with only the lower part of the foam, so I bought the top lid foam and cut the space for the 17" coil. The foam is 2.5" so without cutting it the coil would not let the case close, it works OK without the top foam too with no problem, just wanted the rest of the parts to be more cushioned and even less movement, though with the velcro straps they are not going to move at all.

What I also liked about this case is that it had tons of points to screw in the straps, I ended using thicker straps than the ones the case came in with some parts.

Not a professional finished product but I liked the finished result (The top foam) in the picture the foam is a bit sucked in with the coil, hence the gap with the lower part of the top lid, didnt noticed while I was taking the pictures untill I uploaded them, but the foam is perfectly aligned with the edges, just had to tuck it out a bit, the case empty is somewhat heavy, or well it is heavier than I thought it would be but its very sturdy, filled with everything it weights 27 lbs, but now the 3030 will be stored properly too.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Nice, I have a plano bow case too...the square one. I picked it up at Dick's sporting goods a few years back. I like the idea of the top foam, I just use a blanket which seems to do the job but foam would be a much easier and cleaner option.

556baller

Sep 22, 2014
Oceanside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used hard cases over the years for all kinds stuff. I've been really happy with SKB brand.

IMG_4505.jpg

OP
OP
M

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Double the goodies ! lol Nice cases too 556 !

556baller

Sep 22, 2014
Oceanside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, my brother and I both run 3030's. We use to really stress about our gear while constantly travelling for work, being that we always took our metal detectors with us. Soft cases weren't cuttint it.

OP
OP
M

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I hear ya, soft cases or bags are just for dust IMO lol

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work Sir! Works perfect!

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
I was born in Plano, Il.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread