Anyone have an E-trac Mod or upgrade to the backlight?

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an etrac and was just starting to get good with it. My silver finds were way, way up. My only complaints were the ones you mentioned so I figured that I would upgrade to the CTX before I got much better with the etrac. I had to sell my V3i and etrac, but I think it was worth it. I just put the AS coin pattern in the CTX and that has really worked out well. Good luck!

OP
OP
U

Usaflaginmaine

Aug 8, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Makro Gold Racer
Falcon MD20
Dahlke 2.5"
Bazooka Sniper
Angus Mackirk Outback
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had an etrac and was just starting to get good with it. My silver finds were way, way up. My only complaints were the ones you mentioned so I figured that I would upgrade to the CTX before I got much better with the etrac. I had to sell my V3i and etrac, but I think it was worth it. I just put the AS coin pattern in the CTX and that has really worked out well. Good luck!

Wish i could afford to get an CTX, but not right now. The etrac was a bit over my budget when i got it but i do love it and glad i did. Found my first silver coin today with it actually. 1946 dime. Pretty happy about it. Heard the CTx was a bit heavy with the battery. THink ill wait for the next gen and hope its lighter.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say the screen on my e track makes me want to do horrible things to it. You think for the money they would have put a little more thought into the thing so you can actually see it!

OP
OP
U

Usaflaginmaine

Aug 8, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Makro Gold Racer
Falcon MD20
Dahlke 2.5"
Bazooka Sniper
Angus Mackirk Outback
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have to say the screen on my e track makes me want to do horrible things to it. You think for the money they would have put a little more thought into the thing so you can actually see it!

Contacted minlab about having them install a new/aftermarket backlight for me. They said no. Contacted several detecting shops online and a few electronic repair places, they all said no. So here is my fix. Just put on last night a NuShield anti glare screen protector and a Photon super bright led I fastened to a clip-type large paperclip. So far indoors with a bright light, the NuShield works perfectly. I can see the screen from any angle, even almost completely sideways with no glare at all. IMG_20161201_215428718[1].jpg IMG_20161201_215340746[1].jpg

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:BangHead:Its just sad that mods like these have to be made to try and see the display on my $1500 detector and my first machine (a $200 fisher f2) has no issues here. Neither does my at pro or wife's t2...

OP
OP
U

Usaflaginmaine

Aug 8, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Makro Gold Racer
Falcon MD20
Dahlke 2.5"
Bazooka Sniper
Angus Mackirk Outback
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:BangHead:Its just sad that mods like these have to be made to try and see the display on my $1500 detector and my first machine (a $200 fisher f2) has no issues here. Neither does my at pro or wife's t2...

I agree! Minelab should offer a fix for this to their customers.

hotrod53

Dec 20, 2008
south of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Jetco Coinmaster, Jetco Huntmaster, Whites 5000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Cutlass II, Minelab 705 Gold, 6" Coiltek Digger coil, currently Minelab Etrac, RNB battery pack, and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Where can I find this NuShield protector?

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a safari, no light at all! I have a small clip on light for the bill of my ball cap. I also have a headlamp that lets you choose low or high beam, focuses the lamp from narrow to wide beam, along with white, green, or red lighting $20 at Big 5. The bill lamp was $5.99. both work really well, and it's a lot cheaper than buying a ctx.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions