First day with the ctx

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just pulled this out of my yard. Haven't cleaned it yet, but it is silver, from 1816, and I think not U.S.?

8ff58a7aaa4ae5e56862ebc5853fcecf.jpg
e8ead387f15296d9d9e4b6c0f23ef1b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, you officially suck. I'm not helping you any more. :laughing9:

OP
OP
PowerDubs

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Total luck, been in the area a bunch of times.

Coin was only 2-3 inches down. Nothing the AT Pro would not have found- I just went really slow and severely overlapped sweeps. This is a tiny little bugger.

I almost didn't dig it, the signal, on coin setting was in the lower left corner of the good white section, a little in from the left wall, but right on top of the dark bad area. Nowhere near where I would have thought good things would be.

Somebody really needs to release mappings showing what will map where. In Andys book, he shows a map where a quarter would land but it would
be nice to see more, each coin, to mentally have an idea of what I am seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You don't know what you are doing. Let me come and search your yard for you.

-or- as Andy said, learn to crawl first. Follow the training step one section at a time, for learning everything in each section. It sounds like you are trying to jump straight to pro mode.

It will eventually become a turn on and go machine. You didn't learn to drive a car in one day-

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
CTX I picked up fairly well; now my GPZ I took 10 off from work to go hunt the Carpathians. I can honestly say that I almost shot my GPZ, then when I started finding little nuggets I was already so frustrated that I had not paid any mind to the machine when it was hitting so I did not learn anything. On day 9 I was starting to get the hang of it. A month later my brother in law came into Europe and we both flew over to the Carpathians, he showed me all sorts of stuff that only made sense to me on ground under real conditions.

At first you think you wasted thousands, but you give it some time, take small steps and learn on thing at a time and you will be doing just fine after a month.

Anyway, congrats on your up grade, you have a really good machine that once you learn it it will not let you down. You will see, the more gold you feed her the more she will love you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread