cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? The existing models don't ring your bell? :laughing7:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why on earth would they release a new model? They havent reached market saturation with the current detectors.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the blue ctx3030 is quite new :)

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
They have the best detectors out right now, I don't think there is anything that can touch them IMO. I'm just waiting on a manufacturer to come out with one that can tell the difference between junk and gold jewelry lol. I would pay a pretty penny for something like that. I know, I'm dreaming but hopefully one day.....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have the best detectors out right now, I don't think there is anything that can touch them IMO. I'm just waiting on a manufacturer to come out with one that can tell the difference between junk and gold jewelry lol. I would pay a pretty penny for something like that. I know, I'm dreaming but hopefully one day.....

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

You know, in years past when we talked about the fabled gold / aluminum separating detector, we would joke that they could charge $10,000 and not be able to keep them in stock. Looking at the pricing of minelabs latest detectors, that fabled detector might be priced at $100,000 today.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In their end of the year annual report - Codan (the company which includes Minelab) named only one new product, a bufget gold detector for the African market. Being a publicly traded company, they are obliged to inform shareholders of the coming year's goals and they have a history of pre-announcing new products that way. Here's what,they wrote

"In response to customer demand, two new products are planned for release in FY17. A larger coil for the GPZ 7000® will give a significant depth increase over the standard coil. In addition to this, an entry-level gold detector will be released to the Africa market at the end of 2016. This product has been specically designed for the African market to fill a gap in our product range, and is expected to quickly take market share from competitors. "

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Just give me a modern Sovereign in a Deus like package that's waterproof. That's all I want.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Actually a CTX thats 1/2 its weight would be ideal for me lol .... 1/2 the price would be asking to much !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread