🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went over to my buddy's shop today(whites dealer) to have lunch. After some time I noticed he has a detector sitting in the corner. I said what's up with that thing? He tells me a customer wanted to trade it in toward a newer detector but couldn't get it to work, says to hang it up on the wall with the other oldies since it's not working.
I asked what was wrong and he says it turns on but no display and sound. I tell him how much for it, I could use it for parts. Tells me $200 so I bought it.
I bring the machine over to the window and turn it on. I can barely read the menu. Press the menu button and bring up the display option. The contrast was at its lowest, 1 problem fixed. Now that I have a "working" screen I navigate to the volume menu and crank her up, problem 2 fixed.
I just purchased a perfectly functioning closet queen Mibelab Explorer XS for $200. My dealer buddy says I got a great deal, lol.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
And to a far, far better home it went. :occasion14:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, for an XS that isn't a killer deal. Market value for one is usually in the $250-300 range. It's still a very good detector though. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread