Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty new to the CTX and have had some success. Here is my question..... Today we hunted a site that was loaded with targets and had a lot of good finds. All of our finds were 4 inches or less. This was a crop feild that has been plowed many times. I have been running in recovery deep, should I run recovery fast in a situation like this? Pros and cons? Thanks for your help.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say you may have several layers of treasure.

You'll pass it completely once,

And then you'll pass it again. By then you'll understand what the CTX is telling you.

And then you'll pass it again, maybe for the last time of a while ahead. You're peeling an union!

Keep the faith!

It's deep :)

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Suggestion: When you come across a target in the field, change the settings from Recover Fast/Recover Deep etc before digging while sweeping over the target. See what the CTX tells you and decide which mode is better...

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suggestion: When you come across a target in the field, change the settings from Recover Fast/Recover Deep etc before digging while sweeping over the target. See what the CTX tells you and decide which mode is better...
Thanks, that's exactly what I was doing today. Recovery fast seemed to really help, I also used the smaller coil. Once the targets begin to thin out I'll go back to the 11inch. I could hear the multiple targets much better

HH, RN

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good strategy with the coils.
Note that with the recovery fast on, you are clipping the signal. My personal opinion is that the CTX processor is fast enough that you never have to use fast on unless you are doing a competition surface speed hunt or something.

CCadrin

Mar 24, 2008
I rarely use fast and I've been using a CTX for just over a year. As "Champ" says it clips the signal so a second nearby target can be heard.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder if with fast on, and pitch hold there would be a benefit. The signal clip allows the 2nd signal not to get stepped on- and the pitch hold will alert you to look closer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCadrin

Mar 24, 2008
You will also have to wonder if the first target is pitch held, that the second target would not be heard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread