cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try turning down the sensitivity a bit and/or swing the coil slower.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure seawater option is turned on. Try auto sensitivity, then bump down to -1, -2, -3 and try each one. If none of that helps, put it in manual sens and set the level to what works.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Turn Ground Balance OFF and leave it off...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn Ground Balance OFF and leave it off...

For most of us yes, but the OP did say that his area is highly mineralized so using the GB option may be necessary. GB is a last ditch effort for when the ground is too hot to allow stable (or somewhat stable) operation with any other settings.

OP
OP
S

Stuarbuckle

Nov 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, just seeing what everyone else does. I'm. It to worried about the noise as I always run it hot, but when I get in that gravel I get a lot of high tone wrap around that drives me nuts. I guess maybe a guy should try auto as your only gonna get so far into that stuff anyways? I have the same problems when detecting the river banks around here, so much mineralization and can bury a quarter at a couple inches and barely see it.

OP
OP
S

Stuarbuckle

Nov 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And when I field test with seawater on I always lose depth, have you guys noticed that?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, just seeing what everyone else does. I'm. It to worried about the noise as I always run it hot, but when I get in that gravel I get a lot of high tone wrap around that drives me nuts. I guess maybe a guy should try auto as your only gonna get so far into that stuff anyways? I have the same problems when detecting the river banks around here, so much mineralization and can bury a quarter at a couple inches and barely see it.

If you're getting the same false numbers in the junk range, you can kill those numbers so you don't hear them. I do that with the 01 and 02 ferrous numbers. Those are chronic false signals at the beach with our black sand.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread