Sovereign really amazes me

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm a new ML user. I have been swinging the Sovereign over my 60'x 25' front yard for the first time today. Just running auto sens, and wide open. Every machine I own has crawled over it many times. Only signals left are smaller iron signals, usually nails but sometimes bailing wire bits. The old lone tree in my front yard has a signal very deep that will hit like iron unless you come at it with just the right angle - then you might get a chirp of some sort. I never dug it because it was extremely iffy.

It was a quiet time walking around my yard until the Sovereign screamed from several angles over that deep signal. So, let's take a look, I guess. Go grab a shovel... WTF?

Has a name on it. TERI
brassbracelet.jpg

Unreal. The brass bracelet or animal collar? was recovered from over 10 inches, near 11" and the chain links were all but rusted to halo's. I have a few pieces of the links and there were approximately 8 on each side rising above the on edge and angled nameplate and splaying slightly outwards to the sides, so basicly the links were masking the brass...but not to a noob Sovereign user!

From my own freaking yard! I almost am ashamed.... I didn't get one of these sooner! :headbang: THIS UNIT ROCKS!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Deus wouldn't pick that out of the iron?

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
No, not very strongly in my soil using fulltones at that depth.. But had I thought to try it in 3 tones it may have done a better job convincing me to dig. :dontknow: I only play with limited tones in the nail tests. In the field I always use full tones or end up quickly going back to full tones.

The links were touching on both sides and I've never tested Deus, or any machine with iron touching two sides of a target. The iron rejection on the Sov is really, really good. Perhaps the best of all my units. Turn on, ground balance, GO! :occasion14:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the cool find! The Sovereign GT hits hard and deep and is perfectly clear with what it's trying to tell you about the target.
Last detector I'll ever let go.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a new ML user. I have been swinging the Sovereign over my 60'x 25' front yard for the first time today. Just running auto sens, and wide open. Every machine I own has crawled over it many times. Only signals left are smaller iron signals, usually nails but sometimes bailing wire bits. The old lone tree in my front yard has a signal very deep that will hit like iron unless you come at it with just the right angle - then you might get a chirp of some sort. I never dug it because it was extremely iffy.

It was a quiet time walking around my yard until the Sovereign screamed from several angles over that deep signal. So, let's take a look, I guess. Go grab a shovel... WTF?

Has a name on it. TERI
View attachment 1438170

Unreal. The brass bracelet or animal collar? was recovered from over 10 inches, near 11" and the chain links were all but rusted to halo's. I have a few pieces of the links and there were approximately 8 on each side rising above the on edge and angled nameplate and splaying slightly outwards to the sides, so basicly the links were masking the brass...but not to a noob Sovereign user!

From my own freaking yard! I almost am ashamed.... I didn't get one of these sooner! :headbang: THIS UNIT ROCKS!

LOL You Talk like Me , Back in '99 When I first got a Sovereign .
Every day I used it for probably the first Year, I said to myself
This Detector is Amazing !

even though the Sovereign is pretty much a Turn on & Go Detector,
I would come home & Read everything I could get in the Mail
and at the Library over their Computers about it .
I would read over & Over. sometimes picking up little things I'd forget at First.
Like the Sovereign Wiggle. then go out & Use it.
and before long say to myself "This Detector is Amazing !:laughing7:" I never for a Second Regretted the Purchase of the Sovereign.

Nice I.D. Tag

Last edited:

Don in SoCal

Jul 19, 2014
Corona
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800; 11", 6X9CT... Compadre; 6C, 8OOR, 3X18 Cleansweep...GM4b; 6X9DD, 6X9C ...ML Sovereign; 8 & 10 Tornado, 10X12 Detech SEF …GP3500, 6X8 Sadie, 12 EVO, 14 CT Mono&DD
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DT, Cudos, Nice find. I'm just curious and have a few questions. How would you rate your soil mineralization? And what coil(s) are you swinging and your personal preference? Thx I have recently picked up a SEF 10X12 for running SoCal beaches but haven't yet had the time to use it.

OP
OP
Deft Tones

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
DT, Cudos, Nice find. I'm just curious and have a few questions. How would you rate your soil mineralization? And what coil(s) are you swinging and your personal preference? Thx I have recently picked up a SEF 10X12 for running SoCal beaches but haven't yet had the time to use it.

The soil mineralization in my yard is mild-ish to moderate... leaning towards moderate mostly due to fertilizer containing traces of iron to green the grass up. My Sov only has the stock 10" tornado coil.

I used my Sov on Daytona Beach today for the first time and it worked great!:icon_thumright:

Good hunting to you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread