squizzy

Greenie
Jul 21, 2015
Wangaratta
Detector(s) used
Adventure Ridge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone just wondering if anyone is using the Gold Monster 1000?
And if so how's it all going?.
Where loving it here in Australia in the low, medium and some are having some luck in the more mineralised ground but it's a bit harder to handle in the hot ground!!.
But it's a great little machine on tiny gold and gram nuggets down around 12cm or 1200mm in mild ground. One when you understand how the auto ground balance works and the settings what there is of them you'll love this machine!

Sovgtguy

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT - Sunray 5" / Tornado 10" / WOT 15"
Fisher CZ3D ( Tom Tuned ) - Quicksilver 5" / Spider 10"
Fisher Gold Bug 2 - 6.5 / 10"
Makro Gold Racer - 5" / Stock 10"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me it was not a good choice as I tested one for **** and giggles. I use the Makro Gold Racer and the GB2.
The basic operations were great for beginners, but leaves any fine tuning behind .... I like with other machines that I can tweak or go with a " more positive " ground balance.

For heavy mineralization... It gets mostly unusable. I like minelab detectors but this one really isn't anywhere near the Gpx models. I actually think the Eureka was a better choice. The 6.4 kHz is a deep freq.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been using the GM 1000 and absolutely love the simplicity of it. I do not understand why anyone would try to compare it to a GPX though as it was never marketed to perform any where close to a PI machine,it is vary sensitive to small non ferrous targets and runs vary quiet over every piece of ground I have hit with it,the area I hunt here in AZ changes dramatically I have seen GB numbers in the high 40s and as low as single digits with the XTERRA 705 in prospecting mode and GB tracking activated with the GM 1000 you have no way of telling what the GB numbers are so you just have to trust that it is working like it is supposed to.
Some people have reported bump falsing with the coils but I myself have never had any of these issues like I sad I love the GM 1000 and it like my XTERRA 705 will be with me till I die.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't get to get out much but the few times I have I've gotten a few pieces of gold each time with the 1000. They aren't huge but it sure beats getting skunked lol. 20170827_110240.jpg That's the biggest "picker" I've found with it and it only weighs .2 grams. It screamed when I went over it. Most of the gold I have access to isn't gonna be huge so I've loved this detector so far. Only real complaint I have is I'm used to using headphones but don't like the ones that came with the detector and it uses a 1/8" jack. I've tried 2 adapters so far and one didn't work and the other had sound out the detector and headphones. Could have been crappy adapters though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get to get out much but the few times I have I've gotten a few pieces of gold each time with the 1000. They aren't huge but it sure beats getting skunked lol. View attachment 1494760 That's the biggest "picker" I've found with it and it only weighs .2 grams. It screamed when I went over it. Most of the gold I have access to isn't gonna be huge so I've loved this detector so far. Only real complaint I have is I'm used to using headphones but don't like the ones that came with the detector and it uses a 1/8" jack. I've tried 2 adapters so far and one didn't work and the other had sound out the detector and headphones. Could have been crappy adapters though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

CA Gold Hunter, Minelab uses a different wiring on their headphone jacks. Try to get a Stereo to mono adaptor, that may fix your alternate headphone problem. This was a common issue on the CTX .

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just unboxed my GM1000 today and gave it a test run in my back yard. I allowed the balance on the start up. This is what I have noticed so far. On discrimination mode, my GM still chirps and beeps like crazy. On all metal there chatter literally everywhere. This means the ground at my house is nothing more than a bunch of non-ferrous metals and iron. I also noticed that if I run my hand over the coil (wearing NO rings), it beeps just like it would on a target. I tried putting it on the auto-balance, and I ran it over the same piece of gold over, and over, and over, and it never balanced out. I thought that when you run it over an area it was supposed to zero out that mineralization or trash type? It didn't do that for me. I've watched tons of videos and feel like I have a good grasp on it so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I did the start up, got a reading of the ground, placed my piece of gold down, and scanned over it a few times while I tried adjusting sensitivity. I adjusted sensitivity to the point where the gold still would sound off and the ground around it. Also, the display reading on every target I found couldn't decide if it was an iron indicator or a gold indicator. Any advice would be great or links to forums of people discussing the tips and tricks of this.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just unboxed my GM1000 today and gave it a test run in my back yard. I allowed the balance on the start up. This is what I have noticed so far. On discrimination mode, my GM still chirps and beeps like crazy. On all metal there chatter literally everywhere. This means the ground at my house is nothing more than a bunch of non-ferrous metals and iron. I also noticed that if I run my hand over the coil (wearing NO rings), it beeps just like it would on a target. I tried putting it on the auto-balance, and I ran it over the same piece of gold over, and over, and over, and it never balanced out. I thought that when you run it over an area it was supposed to zero out that mineralization or trash type? It didn't do that for me. I've watched tons of videos and feel like I have a good grasp on it so I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I did the start up, got a reading of the ground, placed my piece of gold down, and scanned over it a few times while I tried adjusting sensitivity. I adjusted sensitivity to the point where the gold still would sound off and the ground around it. Also, the display reading on every target I found couldn't decide if it was an iron indicator or a gold indicator. Any advice would be great or links to forums of people discussing the tips and tricks of this.it [http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5554471/QUO

The GM 1000 does not do a ground balance on the initial start up,the initial start up it does the auto frequency once that is done start hunting I ran into the same issue with the GM it does the ground balance automatically but what you will find if you are in the all metal mode if the GM sensitivity is set to high it gets real chatty set it in auto sens or auto sens + and I would almost bet you will find it quiets right down like I stated in an earlier reply to this post the GM 1000 is the simplest detector I have ever used and I really love the simplicity of it it is so simple that you can over think it, the meter on the GM is pretty accurate as far as if it is reading non ferrous then it generally is non ferrous,one thing I do notice with the GM 1000 if you are in the manual sensitivity and you have the manual sens to high or 10 being how sensitive the GM is it gets really noisy most ground I hunt in I run the sensitivity in manual at 8 or less and a lot of times I am as low as 5, most of the time I am running in auto sens or auto + though also why would you ever try to get it to balance out gold Iron targets I could understand but gold targets never to me the GM 1000 kind of reminds me of a Tesoro Lobo super trac which does not balance out gold either but does balance out iron objects or ferrous objects non ferrous the GM does not balance out at least that is what I have observed

Last edited:

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took it out of my back yard and into the woods. I ran it on both all metal, and then disc on some targets. Apparently there is iron junk all over in my woods (not sure why), but the detector had a hard time deciding if something was ferrous on non-farrous. I had no intentions finding gold out there, but figured it would be a good place to learn the detector. On a target, it would always flip between F/NF. When I would dig down, even on the completely non-ferrous targets, it would change to ferrous. I really need to just take it out in a cleaner area up in the gold belt to really draw conclusions. My guess is the detector really had a hard time considering the depths, and all the various metals in the ground. I did find a little shack right on a TINY little draw...i thought that maybe the shack was put there for mining of some sort, but I didn't find anything. The shack was constructed entirely of iron/metal sheets, and had pipes leading to it for what I'm assuming was electricity and water. The shack is obviously EXTREMELY old. I'm guessing late 1800's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread