robwv

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2017
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
minelab CTX 3030 Minelab sovereign xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out detecting Friday evening and the ctx worked fine. It's been sitting on the couch since then, I picked it up about 20 minutes ago and was going to change some programs. I pushed the power button on the minelab screen came up and immediately plays the shut down tone and goes off. I've tried about 10 times and the same thing. The battery was fully charged Friday and only detected about 3 hours. First time i've had this happen in 3 years. The battery is on charge hoping that it's discharged itself somehow. I'll keep everyone updated after the battery has charged for awhile. Strange????

OP
OP
R

robwv

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2017
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
minelab CTX 3030 Minelab sovereign xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i've had it charging for about 35 minutes and put it back in the machine and it powered up and the battery indicator was in the red so it was completely discharged somehow. Kind of scared there for a few minutes lol. Does this sound like a battery going on the blink?

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the battery wasn't seated properly when you charged it last, and that's why it died so quickly?

You could always test it out using the AA battery pack and see if you get the same outcome?

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread