ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Programs are, for the most part, just hype. Get Andy's book and study what he says about the various soils/conditions and then build your own program to suit YOUR sites. Tweek as needed.

OP
OP
C

Cleggy

Greenie
Jan 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy's book?
Where can I buy his book?

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Andy's book?
Where can I buy his book?

Pretty much any dealer, ebay, etc....or you can buy it direct from Andy and have him sign it......

s-l200.jpg

Last edited:

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, I just bought the CTX a week ago and I have not taken it out yet. I am reading how not to wreck the machine and learning on the bench at home 1st. I have Andy's book and also bought Clive's book on the CTX. Clive is a member of this forum as well. Highly recommend reading these two books as well as the manual. There are YouTube videos as well.
Cheers,
Dan

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, I just bought the CTX a week ago and I have not taken it out yet. I am reading how not to wreck the machine and learning on the bench at home 1st. I have Andy's book and also bought Clive's book on the CTX. Clive is a member of this forum as well. Highly recommend reading these two books as well as the manual. There are YouTube videos as well.
Cheers,
Dan

Didn't know clive (cjc) had a book on the CTX. He is one of a handful of detectorists that I Really pay attention to. I can recommend his stuff sight unseen.

Dan, if aren't dunking your CTX, just get out and hunt it. Be sure to turn target trace on- I Love TT.
Also, hope you are over the epic flooding. I lived near you in the 90s and know how bad it must be.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Thank you! Our house didn't flood but my parents house did and I had to wade through that nasty water to get to them. I have so many questions about some of the settings on the CTX. Will be posting some soon. I still do not understand what target trace is.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Also forgot to mention that Clive has CTX programs listed on his site to download for the Xchange software. These programs are from top hunters that use the CTX.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread