cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Safari isn't as adjustable as the E-trac. It has 5 search modes instead of twelve. It has no backlight on the display either.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The Etrac also has FE CO numbers which can give you a good idea if it is an iron target. The higher FE numbers the better chance it is iron, whereas a low FE number indicates 9 times out of 10 a good target. For example an FE CO number of 12 46 is almost always a quarter, where a FE CO number of 35 46 will almost always be iron. The 35 is the ferrous number, and the higher it is, usually means it is iron. Not always, as iron can be masking good targets nearby and throw the numbers off. But the etrac gives you a little more information to either dig or not dig. The quick mask feature on the etrac allows you to quickly check iffy signals too, by opening up the screen so all types of metal can be heard. This helps with the digging decision as well.

Both detectors have the same fbs technology and both find silver really well. I have the etrac and love it, and safari users will say the same. So its up to you. Both are very capable machines.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As others have said, + money and speed of the processor as best as I can tell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread