St.Cloud

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY , i grew up in st.cloud and come down alot. let me now where your heading and what time you'll be there , can meet up.

LHMN

Greenie
Oct 12, 2008
St. Paul
Detector(s) used
Ace 205
wetlawnmulch~
I live in St. Cloud and would love to get out and dig some holes. Unfortunately I will be away this weekend but would like to try sometime in the weeks or days to come. I just started MDing last fall and have done some research over the winter and also have some places I would like to try.
let me know
LH

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
W L M, This coming weekend should be somewhat nice. I'd be interested to go. Maybe that 'lost' park is the one I'm thinking about. I've been over it a bit, but only for a short time. There should be good stuff there. Haven't been out any this yr. Goose-0

cameraman

Jun 10, 2008
central mn
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I too live in this area. I havnt done really any detecting here tho, anybody know some good spots? I know that in the 1800s SCSU is where lower town used to be, the hostpital is where upper town used to be, and downtown is where middle town used to be.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Cameraman, I detect 5+/- nights a week in the St Cloud area. As for St Cloud St U's campus, I've found good things there whenever there is construction going on....silver rings, silver coins, a 1910 'St Cloud Central H S' class pin, and an 1896 St Cloud "Dog Tax" tag. Now at the east end of 8th St S (on the campus at the Mississippi river) there is a lot of construction going on. I've been at that site now for only 2 or 3 times and found little. I'll continue my quest there.

As for the gigantic construction continuing on Hwy 23 near Lk George, I've detected mainly on the N E corner of the lake where it's all torn up.....a 1932 Minn license plate, a few Wheaties, a Merc, and a perfect light green 1 pint Mason canning jar "Patent Nov.30th - 1858". It's nice, since St Cloud was founded in 1856. (Yes I know, the jar could have been made in the 1920s.)

Also, look for torn-up old neighborhoods.....new watermains, sewer, sidewalks, etc. On 8th Ave N construction is now taking place from 12 th St N to 18th St N. I've hit it many times and the findings weren't too exciting due to newer homes....the 1960s ? I've only found 4 silver dimes and a silver quarter there. So, dust off your detector and get busy. Goose

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread