Meet other MN Hunters - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Meet other MN Hunters

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Oct 2005
    Central Minnesota
    GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
    4 times

Re: Meet other MN Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von De Kalb
    I am Baron Von De Kalb
    i just graduated from F.U. (inside joke to GREENIE)

Good one!

he refers to a post in "what is it".
    where someone had found a black triangular flag with the letter "F" on it and was wondering what it was.
    someone mentions that it could be one of those university football flags.
    De Kalb chimes in that it could stand for " F U "

Ya had to be there!

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Is it a Jacket on or Jacket off day?

colmn

Hello All !

I'm Lonn "The Col." from Mankato area. New to this site. For the most part, I have been a prospector & rock collector going out to SD with my kids ofetn. Panned Alaska a few times. I have a MD, but don't take it out very often. Anyhoot . . .just thought I'd intro myself to all others from MN and say it's great to meet you all !

Have a jolly 1 !

Col. Lonn

bk
    us
    Seeker of Fortune

Jan 2005
    SE Minnesota
    Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
    61 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Lonn,
    I think I know you. Didn't you attend the coin hunt in Stevens Point, WI. a couple years ago?
    Welcome to the forum!

colmn

Nope, must be a different Lonn. Never been to Stevens Point. I heard there is some interesting places out that way to hunt & explore.

us
    Oct 2006
    New England

Hello - I'm Matt in Duluth. I'm completely new at this, so i'm totally open to any advice that you could offer. I'm currently in the process of turning my backyard into a crater field, and as soon as i'm reasonably confident that i can tell the difference between a can and a coin, i'll be expanding my search area. Any suggestions on where i might start? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Oct 2005
    Central Minnesota
    4 times

Sounds like your off to a great start by getting experience in your own yard first.
    There should be some great places up there to go to.

Jun 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    White's DFX (2)
    31 times

Matt, what kind of detector are you swinging? When you are ready to get out of your yard, hit the local public parks, playgrounds, and RV Parks. And schools football, baseball or soccer fields(after hours or on weekends). Winter's a coming, so make hay in October.
    Any day detecting is a GOOD day !

us
    Oct 2006
    New England

DfxDude- I'm swinging a sweet Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II. I'm starting to get a feel for the beeps - I know when I'm about to dig up a nail, but I do anyways just to make sure I'm a bit confused as to the hunting in city parks. That's where a lot of people say they go, but I called the City Of Duluth, and they said i can hunt all i want, but i'm not allowed to dig. Obviously that probably varies from city to city. County land is fair game though, according to the land manager at the county office. I think i'll get bored of my yard soon....county land watch out!

Oct 2006
    Minnesota
    Sharpshooter II

morn'n,

I'm Neil from Faribault MN, I've been metal detecting for about 10 years, off and on, and I'm still look'n for the "big one" lol. As of late I've become more serious and go out more and more. I just found this forum and it was like finding a gold mine, I would really like to hook up with others, the heart is there, but the knowledge is still a little slow. I have an AWSOME pull tab collection!

neil

bk
    us
    Seeker of Fortune

Jan 2005
    SE Minnesota
    Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
    61 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Welcome to the forum Neil!

I'm only about 60 Southeast of you. I have done a lot of detecting around Faribault. I am currently working on locating a picnic area near Waseca that was used in the late 1800's to the early 1900's. Your log cabin site sounds intresting.

colmn

Hello wolfpaw, well met !

Nov 2006

Howdy! I'm Nick, originally from the Brainerd area, but I have been away with the Navy now for the better part of the last 6 years, and right now I am in Japan! I got hooked on MD'ing when I was going to school for the navy in Virginia. On our first trip out, we found some civil war lead, and a couple of small uniform items, and my personal favorite, a penny from the late 1800's - a indianhead i guess is what it is called. no idea where it is now, but just those few times out one summer about four years ago is all it took. i am excited to buy a metal detector myself and check out a bunch of sites in Minnesota that i think will be really good, hopefully this summer. well anyway, i wanted to post something to say hi and introduce myself a bit. to everyone in Minnesota - KEEP WARM!!

May 2006
    minnesota
    3 times

Hi all my name is mike been dectecting for two years biggest finds were two gold rings one returned the other my wife took, live in rochester hunt with a friend that lives two doors away i use a MXT.posted 12/4/06

Apr 2006

I'm not really a treasure hunter, but I'm from the Rothsay/Fergus Falls area.

Oct 2005
    Central Minnesota
    4 times

wow, we got a lot of people checking in, that's great!

Sandsted, We had blabbed before....I grew up in Fergus but the only thing I remember of Rothsay was
    That's where people go to play softball

I thought Dowsing could be considered treasure hunting?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links