Digging vs Overburden

C

colmn

I'd like to pose these q's to others here.

Would it be correct is saying that Digging would be the removal of ANY overburden to get to a target ?

Would it be correct in saying that if there is a law or statute that says no digging then removal of any type of overburden to find a target would make it a unlawful act ? When I say removal of overburden, I'm not speaking about wind or water washing away any amount of sand or dirt from above the target, I'm speaking of a person using any type of tool to physically remove the overburden.

Please keep in mind that I am not speaking of working a road construction site, I'm speaking mainly of county or state property that is open for public usage.

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
I'm also into MN fossils. During Fossil Recovery research, "Digging" ,[on Federal land] had stuff like, No hole more than two meters square, No use of explosives and no power tools or mechanized equipment...but small hand tools for "Reconnaissance collecting" was OK... there version of digging seems to be different than ours, when they talk about digging, there talking DIGGING.

not the same, I know, but it's the only thing I could find...
neil

OP
OP
C

colmn

Is that the BLM ?

hehe . . . From fed to state to local, they'll all most likely conflict. *A View* It's probibly an effort to get someone to go dig somewhere they shouldn't be so they can fine ya and keep income coming into their offices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread