Minnesota locations--Where are you located?????

limes2hundert

Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just across the Red River near Robbin, but we have a cabin in Lake Bronson State Park. Does that count?

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minneapolis

TreasureJeff77

Mar 12, 2013
Eagan
Detector(s) used
350 GTA Garrett, ACE 250, ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Eagan and I'm always looking for company. I love to pan and metal detect. However my metal detector is older and doesn't find anything but trash and pennies! Lol. I want to check out UMORE park with detector if anyone wants to join. Just had a baby so I have some time off work and would love to go sooner than later. I'm always up for panning as well. I have some ideas as where to go panning but it's about a hour away and would love to take someone along. Let me know if anyone is interested.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from Eagan and I'm always looking for company. I love to pan and metal detect. However my metal detector is older and doesn't find anything but trash and pennies! Lol. I want to check out UMORE park with detector if anyone wants to join. Just had a baby so I have some time off work and would love to go sooner than later. I'm always up for panning as well. I have some ideas as where to go panning but it's about a hour away and would love to take someone along. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Just be a little careful at UMORE, Police are EVERYWHERE!!! Depending on where you go. I live in Farmington and I went to UMORE park to do some photography (I have my own photography company here as well) and so I parked my car on the side of the road and walked on a game trail into the prairie. No signs posted anywhere and even ran into another guy out hiking. Well Long story short, a Rosemount PO flips his sirens on (I'm sure to just get my attention) so I walk out and he proceeds to chew me out for leaving my car.
I said "Isn't this property owned by the University?" And He said "Yea, but its not public property." I chuckled at him because my uncle is one of the lead researchers for the agriculture program at UMORE park and he said anyone was free to enjoy it as long as there weren't signs posted saying "No Tresspassing" or anything about current study or prairie restoration. I told the officer this and he didn't believe me. I didn't want to argue with the guy so I packed my stuff up and left.
I guess they have a lot of vandalism out there. Last fall a couple kids burnt down a storage garage. Oh well, I will be back this year.

TreasureJeff77

Mar 12, 2013
Eagan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be a little careful at UMORE, Police are EVERYWHERE!!! Depending on where you go. I live in Farmington and I went to UMORE park to do some photography (I have my own photography company here as well) and so I parked my car on the side of the road and walked on a game trail into the prairie. No signs posted anywhere and even ran into another guy out hiking. Well Long story short, a Rosemount PO flips his sirens on (I'm sure to just get my attention) so I walk out and he proceeds to chew me out for leaving my car.
I said "Isn't this property owned by the University?" And He said "Yea, but its not public property." I chuckled at him because my uncle is one of the lead researchers for the agriculture program at UMORE park and he said anyone was free to enjoy it as long as there weren't signs posted saying "No Tresspassing" or anything about current study or prairie restoration. I told the officer this and he didn't believe me. I didn't want to argue with the guy so I packed my stuff up and left.
I guess they have a lot of vandalism out there. Last fall a couple kids burnt down a storage garage. Oh well, I will be back this year.

Wow! Good thing to know, like you said I've never seen anything about trespassing out there. The history is awesome and I'm surprised that its not posted everywhere. I'm worried that it'll soon be posted since they have leased it out with a 40 year contract to a private contractor. Thanks for the info Trevor...

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea they got their final approval from the state for their little Utopian community haha the plans look pretty cool, but I'll take the woods over strip malls

TreasureJeff77

Mar 12, 2013
Eagan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea they got their final approval from the state for their little Utopian community haha the plans look pretty cool, but I'll take the woods over strip malls

I hear that! There's too many strip malls empty already!!!

Duffala

Sep 25, 2012
Mountain Home, idaho
Detector(s) used
On my second Garrett Ace 250 ; Garrett Pro- Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt with my dad, grew up in New Market.. But I'm not going to visit and hunt until it stops snowing....

Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brooklyn Center here! (Minneapolis). Someone give me a shout if they ever want someone to beep around with!

A recent dumb driving decision has left me without a license for a year >.< STUPID of me!

cbrinkman

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2015
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Burnsville! Would love to connect with anyone in the area.

RAINMAKER63

Nov 18, 2013
Brainerd MN
Detector(s) used
TEKnetics 8000 Coin Computer(no its not an Omega) and Garrett Pro Pointer, AT Pro, Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brainerd lakes area.

DigEmUp88

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2015
Prior Lake,MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro , Bounty Hunter 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im in Prior Lake, MN anyone know of any good spots close to here.

daveoster

Greenie
Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shakopee

A friend of mine in Prior Lake would like to start a club in the Southern Twin Cities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions