GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Northfield on Saturday running an errand and noticed that at least a few blocks of one of the streets was under construction with all the tar removed. Although I don't know much of the history of Northfield, the street(s?) in question were not too far from downtown in what I believe is an older section of town. It appeared to be mainly a residential section of town, if that matters.

I had my Metal Detector with me, but before I got a chance to do anything the skies opened up on Saturday. I doubt I will be able to make it back there for a few weeks at a minimum due to schedule conflicts on weekends and by that time they might be done. I am not sure if these types of projects ever produce anything or if MD'ing is even allowed, but if anyone does try it out let me know what was found as I am curious.

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I had a deal like that.

I heard they tore out the parking lot next to Serums in Anoka.
That has got to be one of the oldest buildings there.
I was too late in some respects.

They had scooped off 8-10" and hauled in away before i even heard about it.
then they laid down some rock... i did check around anyway but noting real cool to report.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been watching that area since early this spring. I went there almost every weekend waiting for them to scrape the sod off the boulevard and remove sidewalks. When they finally did, new sidewalks were poured and they filled it back in with dirt from somewhere else. I have done well in that town in the past when street projects were done, but in this case I must have missed the very short window of opportunity. This area is in the oldest section of town. I have found Seated coins in nearby areas when other construction work was done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread