Any divers out here??

El_Capitan

Jul 26, 2007
Hey gang, I'm new to TH'ing, but have been intrigued for a long time, though. I've actually been doing a little research in the "Ma" Barker deal, and think I have a narowed location of the site, but I'm a diver, and have been looking at shipwreck diving in SUperior/Michigan, namely the Poverty Island wrecks. I can't do anything yet, but if anyone is interested, I'd love to do some team research and hopefully locate something. I'd love to chat with anyone that could help me with the learning curve. Thanks, Chris,

OP
OP
E

El_Capitan

Jul 26, 2007
I'd love to get into this, and if you need, let me now. We can work something out together. I'm interested in looking at the Poverty Island wrecks in Lake Michigan, but with MI state issues, I'm going to keep that on the back burner for a while.

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Hey Chris, a little out of season to get to whipped up but.
Do you live in mn?
I found a couple of stories of gold coins in water.

OP
OP
E

El_Capitan

Jul 26, 2007
Yes, I'm in White Bear lake now (not the actual lake, but down the road). I'm a firefighter for Mahtomedi, and work my FT job in SSP.

OP
OP
E

El_Capitan

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah WG, let me know. This time of year is actually nice as the ice kills off most if not all of the lake weeds, and there are no boats to stir up the sediment. I use a drysuit just about year round anyway here in the northland, and could go for a dive (it helps with my rescue certifications anyway). If you don't dive, I could bring another firefighter/diver for an underwater backup. Let me know and we can go from there. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can start planning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread