Idea against the scammers out here

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: We have had no problems with dealing with anyone from T Net, everyone has been honest and up front, and we won't hesitate to deal with these people again!!!! Red and Chug :thumbsup:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far anyone I bought from has bent over backwards helping me . And I have got what I ordered and it was just as they said.
This is a close group and if someone comes in here trying to run a scam it will take only one try and it will be posted all over here.
It would not hurt for the Seller or the buyer to have a valid email on file here though.

But one reason they do not do that is it would make the site responsible in the sale even though they had nothing to do with it. That is why the sites do not do this.
Some sites will not even let you sell on there site , and that is because the do not want to be drug into the legal mess.

But as many as their are on this site the main group that stays and post and sells is a known group , and if you look when some one comes on and just has 1 or 2 post and is trying to sell they get a lot of questions and so far most of the items posted by them did not sell.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
It gets my blood boiling to see people get burned here but sadly it does happen. Buyer beware is the #1 warning and in some cases it's even seller beware. If anyone ever has any questions about an item(s) I am selling or wants to know more about me - I have no problem giving references and at times even my cell# is always available. Thankfully, I have had nothing but positive experiences in both selling and buying here. If I do not know the seller or buyer - I always ask for references and a phone call if possible.

Just my two-cents... :wink:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem I have with T Net is MYSELF. I had a false sense of security with members as described in the post by Red and Chug sure there are some great folks on here but boy there are some bad ones too. I trusted people also on the Forum but no more as I have been burned along with at least a dozen more people just these past few days ago and those scammers made some BIG BIG money folks. Read the posts.

At least if I had paid the percentage fee to Paypal I would have been covered but I didn't I sent as a gift (Like some good sellers ask you to do so they don't get charged a fee) and lost out. So the lesson I've learned is when I buy from someone now I will now expect them to pay the Paypal percentage fee before I send the money so that I am protected. When I sell I will pay the percentage fee to Paypal and the buyer is covered. It's sad it's come down to this in my case as I generally trust people and I'm honest with others especially on this forum and others but that's life. So I got ripped off what the hell, hope the money goes to a good cause, yea right, sorry to unload. Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Marchas45 said:
The only problem I have with T Net is MYSELF. I had a false sense of security with members as described in the post by Red and Chug sure there are some great folks on here but boy there are some bad ones too. I trusted people also on the Forum but no more as I have been burned along with at least a dozen more people just these past few days ago and those scammers made some BIG BIG money folks. Read the posts.

At least if I had paid the percentage fee to Paypal I would have been covered but I didn't I sent as a gift (Like some good sellers ask you to do so they don't get charged a fee) and lost out. So the lesson I've learned is when I buy from someone now I will now expect them to pay the Paypal percentage fee before I send the money so that I am protected. When I sell I will pay the percentage fee to Paypal and the buyer is covered. It's sad it's come down to this in my case as I generally trust people and I'm honest with others especially on this forum and others but that's life. So I got ripped off what the hell, hope the money goes to a good cause, yea right, sorry to unload. Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

You have every right to be ticked-off. I don't think you should put the blame on yourself, but you do have to "check into" who it is that your dealing with. I sold a detector last night to a member that had 0 posts - I was a bit leery to deal with them but it turned out they were straight up. I asked the right questions, they gave the right answers and I was able to verify the information given. Sale went the way it should.

As far as the PayPal percentage goes, I don't see what everyone complains about. With all the fees that banks charge these days (usually for the most ridiculous things), 3% is nothing (especially when your getting that money INSTANTLY in most cases). For me personally, to see the request to "send as gift or pay the 3%" instinctively throws a caution flag up. As a member who successfully sells a great deal of merchandise here and on other sites, I would never ask a potential buyer to "send as gift" or "pay the 3% extra" - I think it is bad business and like you have stated - it helps to cover your a$$ to pay it... :icon_thumright: The only people that I "send as gift" in buying or selling, are the folks that I have had great dealings with before (and repeatedly).

Lastly (and most importantly) - ask for their phone number before the purchase is made. Communication is key. If they make an excuse about giving their number out - just move on. Whenever a large amount is involved, I want to talk to the person taking my money (and in many cases, when selling too). Hopefully, this clown will get caught and get what's coming to him. What is really sad is if the avatar pic is just some random, innocent family that had their pic shanked by this guy who is scamming who knows how many people in other forums...

PAPPYGOL

May 15, 2008
niles ohio
Detector(s) used
grand master hunter cx2 ,,. , fisher 1235x 1236x2, 2 coin computers, garrett freedom 3.
i agree. i hope he gets caught and gets whats coming to him, BUT when they do get caught half the time there are very little done about it or nothing at all. which is crap. it gives them a liscense to steal. and that is what they are doing. just like drunk drivers. until they kill someone they just pay the fines and keep driving drunk. seems like no one cares. except the people it affects.

tumbleinn2

Apr 24, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
WHITE"S SPECTRA V3i d2 coil 6x10 coil 5.3 coil super 12 surfmaster II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charter members only! Should be the only ones to Sell.
problem solved.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tumbleinn2 said:
Charter members only! Should be the only ones to Sell.
problem solved.

Ditto ! That Is a great Idea ..! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
Or.... If Your One Of the Indepentant Dealers who Subscribe.

OP
OP
F

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is also what I was thinking if you are a charter member the admin has your info on file and you cannot scam anyone. I have had great dealing with everyone I have dealt with on here but in the past week I have seen a few members get scamed for some seriouse money and they was scamed by the same person selling quarters I believe I am just saying you should either have to fill out and have on file your info for admin or be a charter member... Everyone has had great ideas. HH I hope My origional posts has not started something bad for the new bies coming onto the site..

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
freddy williams said:
That is also what I was thinking if you are a charter member the admin has your info on file and you cannot scam anyone. I have had great dealing with everyone I have dealt with on here but in the past week I have seen a few members get scamed for some seriouse money and they was scamed by the same person selling quarters I believe I am just saying you should either have to fill out and have on file your info for admin or be a charter member... Everyone has had great ideas. HH I hope My origional posts has not started something bad for the new bies coming onto the site..

If anything, your post should serve as a "learning tool" for the good folks just joining us and a "warning" to the countless toolboxes that are just trying to pull a fast one on innocent people. Let's 'em know it will not be tolerated...

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont claim to know "the" answer to the whole scam thing, but I can forsee that if ANY of this creates problems for the Tnet they will drop it like yesterdays newspaper.I for one hope that it does NOT come to this ,but understandably Marc cannot and does not want to get involved in this kind of CRAP. So some how we have to figure it out if we want the classifieds to continue, I dont know HOW but just food for thought.I have been a member since 2005 and I have seen ALOT of changes.What I feel is that this is the MOST entertaining and nicest site that I belong to. I dont even frequent other sites as much as I do this one (daily) just like a newspaper. Marc runs a top notch outfit here, and started this out of his love for treasure hunting. Scamming and derogetories against others was not what he wanted or set out to do.Just keep in mind that he can remove this website if it becomes that muchof a pain in the butt for him. This is a WONDERFUL thing that he is doing for us. I say KUDOS to him and his staff who I am sure are trying to figure out a solution as well.Thank you for all that read this for letting me vent.

Thanx ,Jimmy

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmy5503 said:
I dont claim to know "the" answer to the whole scam thing, but I can forsee that if ANY of this creates problems for the Tnet they will drop it like yesterdays newspaper.I for one hope that it does NOT come to this ,but understandably Marc cannot and does not want to get involved in this kind of CRAP. So some how we have to figure it out if we want the classifieds to continue, I dont know HOW but just food for thought.I have been a member since 2005 and I have seen ALOT of changes.What I feel is that this is the MOST entertaining and nicest site that I belong to. I dont even frequent other sites as much as I do this one (daily) just like a newspaper. Marc runs a top notch outfit here, and started this out of his love for treasure hunting. Scamming and derogetories against others was not what he wanted or set out to do.Just keep in mind that he can remove this website if it becomes that muchof a pain in the butt for him. This is a WONDERFUL thing that he is doing for us. I say KUDOS to him and his staff who I am sure are trying to figure out a solution as well.Thank you for all that read this for letting me vent.

Thanx ,Jimmy

I also forgot to add... Everyone has an option... they can go back to Fee bay.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Perhaps a way to stop the scamming or at least make it harder would be to require people posting classifieds to have a certain minimum number of posts or to establish a degree of reputation on the site I know this is done on other sites If you notice the douchebag that scammed people on here posted his scam ads a day or two after joining this site. He should not have been allowed to post as a newcomer until he established himself on here.

Vodka1000

Apr 21, 2007
Marchas45 said:

At least if I had paid the percentage fee to Paypal I would have been covered but I didn't I sent as a gift (Like some good sellers ask you to do so they don't get charged a fee) and lost out. So the lesson I've learned is when I buy from someone now I will now expect them to pay the Paypal percentage fee before I send the money so that I am protected. When I sell I will pay the percentage fee to Paypal and the buyer is covered. It's sad it's come down to this in my case as I
generally trust people and I'm honest with others especially on this forum and others but that's life. So I got ripped off what the hell, hope the money goes to a good cause, yea right, sorry to unload. Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

We made couple of deals latelly ALL WENT PERFECT!!!!
THANK YOU !!!
:icon_thumleft:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vodka1000 said:
Marchas45 said:

At least if I had paid the percentage fee to Paypal I would have been covered but I didn't I sent as a gift (Like some good sellers ask you to do so they don't get charged a fee) and lost out. So the lesson I've learned is when I buy from someone now I will now expect them to pay the Paypal percentage fee before I send the money so that I am protected. When I sell I will pay the percentage fee to Paypal and the buyer is covered. It's sad it's come down to this in my case as I
generally trust people and I'm honest with others especially on this forum and others but that's life. So I got ripped off what the hell, hope the money goes to a good cause, yea right, sorry to unload. Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

We made couple of deals latelly ALL WENT PERFECT!!!!
THANK YOU !!!
:icon_thumleft:

I appreciate it Derek but I new it would go perfect as WE have been around awhile. Thanks again, Charlie

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if you have a valid email doesn't mean you will get paid ::) Unless you can track down the IP address and actually put it with a name then it becomes harder to prosecute. It really become a dilemma unless you really know the individual and his/her reputation. They should at least have a probation period, especially when they are new or inactive on here for starts

MINELABMIKE

Nov 4, 2008
So. Calif
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2 w/ Sunray Probe
i have bought and sold on here and have been a member on t-net for a while now, so far all my dealings have been good, i pray that i don't get scammed, but all the t-net members that i know are very good people, glad to be a part of this forum

Dig It Man

Jan 31, 2012
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have the seller to present a scanned valid ID like License, or state ID card by email to Treasure Net upon posting an item for sale. This will identify the seller, and make it hard to do a scam without getting caught.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread