redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JRob. It looks like we have a good bit of interest in this area and we are all thinking along the same lines. We are looking at finding a evening next week when we can meet in person and see if we can start something. Anyone who is interested in meeting up, let us hear some ideas on when and where.

jrob712

Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Thursday night in Laurel someplace would be good with me. Someone from that area make a suggestion as to where.

mensite

Mar 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
ace 250
High my name is johnny mensi i live in ashland miss.I love to md.But its not really fun alone.I am looking for somebody to hunt with.Looking for some buddys to hunt with.email at [email protected]

jrob712

Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Welcome, Johnny! We're attempting to get a club (or gatherings) started in the Laurel / Hattiesburg area. If memory serves me Ashland is in the NE part of the state.....that would be a long drive. There's a club already established in Corinth you may want to check out.

Jrob712

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Thursday evening is the concensus. Place and time? How many can make it? Someone had mentioned Starbucks, so it would be more laid back and we can put faces to the names. Please don't worry about speaking up, we need to know how everyone feels. Got to go to a meeting now, I will check back in tonight and may have some news.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Starbucks on Hardy St in front of Roses or the one on Hwy 98 across from Target. Only two I know and would 6:00 or 7:00 work. Also made inquiry about the meeting room at Gander Mountain later on. The young lady I talked to said they would be more than happy to have us there for meetings. I hope no one minds me moving on this but I think we have a good group to start a club/group/association. I am in a ATV Club but the officers never want to have regular meetings and when they do try, finding a good place to meet can be difficult. It doesn't do much now and we have not rode as a group since last September. I do not want to be part of group/club in a hobby or sport that I like to do and club not want to plan events, improve our hobby and prosper. I am not talking about having 30 or 40 members in the first year but having a quality club with members who want to participate and do more than show up for the fun stuff. OK, I will quit now.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about Thursday at 6:30, at the Starbucks on Hardy St. in front of Roses. Please adjust the time if there is a better one for anybody.

shemp4

Jun 17, 2005
Ocean Springs, Ms.
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO
guys, i am very interested in this get together, but i have to work wed-thurs 48 hr shift (fire dept), please post or e-mail me with how it went.
i do have 2-3 guys down here on the coast that would also like to get involved. joe

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets split the difference and say 6:30 at Starbucks in front of Roses. I know myself and Patti from Oak Grove will be there. Hope to hear back from 1 or 2 more. Shemp, we will update you on what goes on. This is more of a meet, get to know each other and see what everybody likes to do and what their thoughts are on starting a group. They say everyone is normal to you really get to know them. :tongue3: :thumbsup:

Tupelo_Rebel

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2007
Tupelo, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
To those of you that missed the meeting tonight in Hattiesburg....well...you missed meeting a fine bunch of folks. :coffee2: :thumbsup:

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was nice to meet ya'll and talk. I think there were a lot of great ideas put on the table last night. I hope we can get together real soon and dig a little dirt. We will have to have another "meeting" and plan some hunts. Please keep the posts, information and emails coming.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any open days coming up? Once this cool front moves through, we should have some nice days to try some places. Also, my folks are in a genealogy group and I told them to ask around if anyone has a old home place or what have you, that we might can hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread