Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Brian

Nov 2015
    N/W MS
    Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
    815 times
    Coins and Relics

Sorry, but I have to laugh

LOL! At the news broadcasts this AM. Watching them call 1/2" of snow as "measured 3"", talk of "building snowmen" when the grass is barely covered, one reporter claimed his coat was "half-white from snow" when you couldn't have scraped a tablespoon worth from it, and DOT trucks plowing wet (no snow, and yes, plows were "down") roads.

Reporters must hold stock in bread and milk

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2015
    Southeast Grundy, Illinois
    EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
    3195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappies-n-Coins View Post
    LOL! At the news broadcasts this AM. Watching them call 1/2" of snow as "measured 3"", talk of "building snowmen" when the grass is barely covered, one reporter claimed his coat was "half-white from snow" when you couldn't have scraped a tablespoon worth from it, and DOT trucks plowing wet (no snow, and yes, plows were "down") roads.

And stupid lookin' hats!!
    "See your doctor if your detector has a detection for more then four hours!"

us
    Aug 2015
    South Florida
    Garrett GTI-2500
    994 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappies-n-Coins View Post

The other half-white must be the reporter's white sweater itself.

While I'm sure the storm will be inconvenient for some, I totally get what you're saying.
    Here in Florida, every hurricane season out comes the "hunker-down" phrase from all the media outlets.
    It's a phrase you never hear anywhere else, or at any other time of the year.

And then, when the CAT-5 hurricane passes by with barely a slight breeze, the storm forecasters almost seem disappointed!

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2229 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    I got up this morning and called our automated work number that tells if the office will be closed. It was not.
    Once I got on the road I could see it was lightly snowing. When I hit I55, it really started coming down and big flakes too! So I called the automated number again. No dice! Dangit! It's only 35 degrees so its not like the snow is going to stick. Still wanted to stay home though!

Good luck to those of you on the east coast who really have to deal with the snow!
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links