Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Nov 2015
    NW Arkansas
    Garrett AT Pro
    72 times
    Metal Detecting

Anyone here from around Vicksburg that knows the area?

I have access to a pretty large chunk of land around Vicksburg. My family owns land there and I have hunted the area, but I would like to talk to someone who really knows the area. I would be happy to let someone who can give me some guidance tag along for a hunt next time I come to town. Thanks in advance.

us
    Feb 2012
    Hattiesburg, MS
    AT Pro, Fisher F70
    14 times
    Relic Hunting
    Hey Sarge, I live in Hattiesburg, Ms which is a bout 2 1/2 hours from Vicksburg. I have hunted around Vicksburg on numerous occasions and I am very familiar w/ the area from research and dozens of visits over the years, What ya need?

us
    Mar 2008
    South Mississippi
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett AT Maxx
    201 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sarge, maybe these might help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VicksburgCampaignAprilJuly63.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	1265363 Mississippi Civil War Sesquicentennial » Timeline Let's us know if you do any good.
    The deeper I dig, the more dirt I find.

Nov 2015
    NW Arkansas
    Garrett AT Pro
    72 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks for the replies guys. I really appreciate it. I have studied the maps quite a bit and I have used them to find some relics, but I have access to 1700 acres there and I am hoping there is someone local to the area who will be familiar with the exact areas I have access to. I am hoping they can tell me if the locations are good hunting spots or not. I will be glad to take them with me as well if they have knowledge to offer. Again, I really appreciate the help guys.

us
    Detector Collector

May 2015
    Madison, MS
    Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
    2229 times
    I mainly coin shoot, but I also enjoy relic hunting and shallow ocean hunting.
    I don't have any knowledge beyond books and maps such as the one redbronco provided. However, if you ever want company, let me know. I'm about an hour away in the Jackson area!
    Clad - 2 dollars, 274 quarters, 282 dimes, 115 nickels, 787 pennies, 1 foreign
    Older - 1 Barber Half, 1 Walker, 1 Franklin, 1 Seated Qtr, 1 Barber Qtr, 5 Washington, 4 Barber Dimes, 12 Mercs, 13 Rosies
    1 CB Half Dime, 1 Shield, 3 Vs, 8 Buffalos, 4 War Nickels, 10 IHPs, 137 Wheats, 1803 Half Real
    Relics - 1 3-Ringer, 1 Round Ball, Silver fork, 3 pocket knives, Gem Micromatic razor, small compact, Silver bib clip, Silver brush, skeleton key
    Jewelry - 2 Gold rings, 2 Silver rings, Silver bracelet, Silver earring, 3 Silver charms, lady's watch

Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.

Captain Caveman

us
    Www.youtube.com/kshollywood

Jul 2010
    Brandon,ms
    XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
    165 times
    Relic Hunting
    I hunt the majority of Vicksburg and be glad to help. Pm me anything you need help with.

us
    alabama

Nov 2015
    north Alabama
    Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2
    1071 times
    Relic Hunting
    It may be helpful to find aerial photos or soil maps to show old roads reminants that are no longer in use as you are dealing with many acres.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links