Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Serious Mississippi Treasure Hunters Only

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Tp, Not my worry, The Alzheimer is kind of fun, no one expects a birthday present from me. I write notes to my self and can't remember what I did with it. I have had a non aggressive cancer for a very long time and now I think I have to decide what to do with, but will I remember that when I see the Doctor? I like remembering things I forgot about. I have started book of my favorite memories, I know I did, but where is it. It is fun remembering them.

Good night.
    Last edited by 45th_Johnny; Sep 04, 2017 at 12:07 AM.
    ace250rob likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    Tp, like I said, if you give the name of the tribe I can tell you where they were. I think they started keeping track of them as soon as the ship hit the rock. Plymouth, that is.
    Last edited by 45th_Johnny; Sep 05, 2017 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
    ace250rob likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Richland Ms
    Ace250
    34 times
    Hey brother i would love to find some help with finding places in rankin and hinds county ms esp the richland florene area if you could help me out
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    Ace, thank you for asking, is there anything particular you had in mind? Gold, silver, Civil War? I know one person who wants to find old rusted metal stuff. Are coin shooting? I checked out your area and it looks like there should be a lot of spots. I haven't look into any of my book, but I know I can keep you busy checking out leads. I use to work work with some guys from that area and would love a trip down memory lane. Among many of my problems is the onset of Alzheimer. I can remember sixty years ago like it was last week, but can't remember if I ate breakfast. So give me your best shot and I will give you mine.
    ace250rob likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Richland Ms
    Ace250
    34 times
    I would love any civil war or old outlaw treasure heck even native americans..but since my stroke i cant drive far so it kinda needs to be in rankin or hinds county..and thank you sir i really really appreciate it
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    I know I replied, but in my rush to get out of the house I must not have hit the post button.
    Civil War: All along the old railroad tracks, especially at water crossings. During the CW, the armies moved along the rail lines, and usually made camp near fresh water. The one most used in your area was running east to west along the old Southern Mississippi Railroad.
    Outlaws: Adams, Calhoun, Claiborne, Greene, Hancock, Harrison, Sunflower, and Warren Counties.
    Indians: I live on an Indian Mound, High in the center with a ring mound running around it, like a bulls eye, but don't dry to dig here, my wife will shoot you. She has a nice collection. My brothers mound is shaped like a horses head, I say a dear head, as seen from the sky. Indians needed several things, height to stay dry, water to drink and usually travel. Just about every high ground was used by the Indians. Also rivers and streams for fishing and travel.
    ace250rob likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Richland Ms
    Ace250
    34 times
    You arenthe man..I cant wait to start checking areas out that you locate sir
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    Ace, I had an atlas of civil was sites that showed the locations on a current street map. I lost it and a lot of other stuff in Katrina. I have been trying to find one ever since. It was from a group trying to preserve Civil War sites. I will try again to find it but check what I have. "I shall return" Douglas MacArthur

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson 1.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	700.2 KB 
ID:	1492595Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackson 2.png 
Views:	15 
Size:	516.9 KB 
ID:	1492596
    Last edited by 45th_Johnny; Sep 10, 2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Maps
    ace250rob likes this.

us
    May 2017
    Richland Ms
    Ace250
    34 times
    Brother I will take any help that you can offer..thanks so much
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    Ace, give us a location and what kind of hunting you do and we will give it our best shot.

us
    May 2017
    Richland Ms
    Ace250
    34 times
    Im in richland ms and any kind of relic or coin hunting
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    Ace I posted the CW maps I have of Jackson. Did I tell you to check in the "Club & Hunt" section? The last time I looked there were a lot of people trying to form clubs in your area and looking for hunting partners. Your best shot of finding CW relics are along the old railroad tracks at water crossings. Both sides in the CW posted sentries at all water crossings to keep anyone from destroying the bridges. The crossings were not where they are today but were very close. Today's RR's tend to have less curves to improve the speed and reduce derailing the train. Most troops moved along or near the old roads for speed, only a few rode the train. To find the old roads you need to walk into the woods and find the ruts made by people, animals and wagons. I have hunted along some of these old roads and you should know it when you find one. People would make camp just off the road and usually bury their valuables away from the camp because of the highwaymen who roamed the roads at night. Good Luck
    ace250rob and ccdog like this.

us
    May 2017
    Richland Ms
    Ace250
    34 times
    Ok guys found my oldest coin so far 1891 v nickelClick image for larger version. 

Name:	0917171533a.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	506.9 KB 
ID:	1495456
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    Way to go Ace. Is it gold plated? Some of the V nickles were gold plated and passed a New $5.00, gold peaces, known as Counter-fitters Nickles.
    ace250rob likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    John E. Miller

Jul 2017
    Mississippi
    569 times
    I good news: Today 9/18/17, I read an articular that stated the Trump administration is trying to role back the land grabs of the Democrap administrations and restore our uses of our land to us. There may be a future for Treasure Hunters yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links