redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Joe, good to see you on the boards again. Working two threads with the same goal - meet up and hunt. I think there are 6-7 MDers on here that are trying to line up a date and place. I know not everyone will have the same open days but put something out there and see who shows up. Also, for the sand I got a heavy wire fryer scoop at the cooking store with about 1/4 inch spacings. Might not have Garrett written on it but it works good and ready to cook some french fries too.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relic, Slick, SliverBug, NewbieDo, what's the next couple of weeks look like. I know its hit and miss with this but got to start somewhere.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any day except next Thursday. 2 or 3 day notice would be great. Yea, lets do the beach. Mostly hear its not productive, but still too hot for else. I'm usually down for the summer. May-Sept.
Ray

dfx-kevin

Mar 15, 2013
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and Tesoro original silver saber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey im from Tylertown trying to gather mississippians to post finds on one site so we know whats in our neck of the woods
click on flag on my profile page and join please thanks

OP
OP
shemp4

shemp4

Jun 17, 2005
Ocean Springs, Ms.
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO
ok, lets set a date and place. I propose next Tuesday the 20th at the waffle house just north of I-10 on hwy. 49 in Gulfport at 5 pm. if this works or we need to alter it please post. this will just be a meet and greet and we will go from there.Joe

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should be able to free that day up. I'm in Hattiesburg so I would probably come down that morning and hit some spots then meet that evening. If anyone else interested in giving it a try that day, let me know. Maybe start at the beach in Gulfport and see what looks good from there.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we just have to watch the weather and what that system south of here is going to do. If it isn't going to be 100% of rain, I am coming down. Can always take a break during a shower.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the weather might be ok for tomorrow, just the regular hit and miss summertime showers.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, it was nice to meet you and I think we have good start on nice MD group. I cleaned my bag out and wound up with $3.46 in clad (nothing early than 1975) and of course the Chuckie Cheese token. Ray, I did capitalize. I will shoot a pm ya'lls way with my email tonight. I will keep looking for some good places in this area and maybe it will cool down before Christmas. Later

Jayman931

Feb 27, 2011
Hattiesburg MS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just popping in to say Hi. I live in Hattiesburg and just getting back into metal detecting. I had a Tesoro Cibola a few years back and had to sell it. I just bought a Minelab XTerra and will be getting it next week. Next time you all meet up I would be interested. Cheers

dfx-kevin

Mar 15, 2013
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just popping in to say Hi. I live in Hattiesburg and just getting back into metal detecting. I had a Tesoro Cibola a few years back and had to sell it. I just bought a Minelab XTerra and will be getting it next week. Next time you all meet up I would be interested. Cheers
I live in tylertown, who would we ask to t.h. Camp Shelby ; German POWs were held there during WWII I've herd of people detecting there before

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I have some info on Camp Shelby just need to make 100% sure we won't get shot at. This area is suppose to be ok but want to go take a look and see if it's cool with the camo police. I should know something soon. Jayman, good to have you on board, let us know when you are up and running. Relic and Shemp, not forgetting you either. Let's start planning something.

dfx-kevin

Mar 15, 2013
Southwest mississippi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey red bronco , can I tag along -- I read the thread a few months back yall we're wanting to start a club, miss. Sure is lacking with all the history we have.

Jayman931

Feb 27, 2011
Hattiesburg MS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Camp Shelby I also do a lot of shooting and a group I know has been talking to the post commander (for permissions to use their ranges) I wonder if that would be a good route to pursue. Wouldn't want to find any un-exploded ordinance.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be great if we could start up something, do meetings and some planning. I know we are a little scattered but maybe we could alternate meeting sites, that way no one person has to burn their gas all the time. Something to talk about. On the Shelby deal, where I am talking about is not behind the gates, in the older section>no check points. No way they will let you MD on the ranges and I wouldn't even if they invited me. Would like to meet up sometime soon, do a little hunting and see what everyone thinks. Hey Joe, thinking on the permission slip - might have over thought it, might scare some folks with the insurance talk. Going back to keeping it simple. Anyway, ya'll let me know what you think, and when and where can we meet.

Jayman931

Feb 27, 2011
Hattiesburg MS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
redbronco@ when I said I use their ranges for shooting I didn't mean coin shooting....I mean target shooting :thumbsup: There is no way you would get permission nor would I want to MD a range....yikes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread