redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much to report. Haven't found out anything concrete on Camp Shelby. Most of what I have heard is as long as it's not in the gates or posted off limits, it should be good. Might see if anyone is free sometime next week and make a recon run to see what there is to it. Anyone interested, let me know.

Nov 13, 2013
Perkinston-Biloxi, MS
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition & White's Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to meet up with you guys and do some detecting. I'm pretty much new to it and really don't know of any good places. I like to find the old stuff so I don't mess with parks and playgrounds. Any ideas?

Jeremy76

Jan 16, 2013
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the thought of creating some sort of MDing club lost all steam...or was there another thread opened elsewhere?

Last edited:

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope all u fellas in South Mississippi are safe ....... rough day yesterday ........... Hope all can have a Merry Christmas !

Vader37

Jan 19, 2015
Petal
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys I'm from petal and have looking for a group to dig dirt with I have hunted camp shelby and found some good stuff

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few of us still around, just can't seem to get a group together. Now that hunting season is finishing up, should be easier to meet up and find some places to go. Would anyone be up for meeting Saturday, Jan. 31st around Hattiesburg? Meet some new MDers, hunt a little and see if we can plan something.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about 9:00 on Saturday at Hawkins School behind the Hattiesburg library. See who shows up, meet and greet, then do some MDing. Have a couple of city lots we can do after that. Feel free to message me, if you have any questions. Just trying to start somewhere, would like to get a good group together that we could plan some hunts.

Vader37

Jan 19, 2015
Petal
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
January 31 right sorry haven't been on I have been sick

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather is suppose to be ok, little cool that morning but I can handle that. Have heard from a few people, hope we can get a good crew. I know parks and school yards aren't what everyone would like to be MDing but we have to start somewhere.

Vader37

Jan 19, 2015
Petal
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how I got my first silver dime at sunrise Community center

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got three or four possibles for Saturday, so maybe we will have a small crew. It would be nice to make some contacts and work on some more hunts. Be cool if we could line up some dates before the real nice weather is here.

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was a good day to be MDing. Vader, Shannon and myself were the only ones who were able to make it, weather was cool enough you weren't sweating but plenty of sun. Had another MDer passing by stop and talk, hope he will check out treasurenet and make the next one. I finished up with 30 pennies, 1 wheat, 6 nickels, 6 dimes, 5 quarters and a small tag, someone let me know - never seen one like this. Anyway good meeting everyone, had a good time, of course any day MDing is better than being a work. We are working on the next one, will probably only have room for 5-6, so will let you know.
photo 2.JPG

Vader37

Jan 19, 2015
Petal
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a good hunt I found piece of a silver necklace 1clad quarter wheat Penny a 2 dime also lit me know about the next hunt

Jblack

Oct 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall, it is Justin, I was the guy that stopped by the other day when yall were at Hawkins, I'm glad to see yall had a good time. I would love to join yall on the next hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread