Safe Parks - St. Louis

monkeymann

Jan 14, 2008
You might try Forest Park. It was the site of the worlds fare in like `1903 or something like that. Anyway, when they dismantled the huge Farris Wheel that had been constructed specifically for the worlds fair, the huge center axle was determined to be too big, and either parts of it, or all of it were buried on the grounds. Forrest park is totally safe. One of the old worlds fair buildings is used as a fine art gallery.

You might also try Benton Park. Its an old park surrounded by old Victorian houses. I don't think its in a very bad area. Its close to the Lemp Mansion and Brewery, down in the area of the Budweiser Plant, but west of the plant and north of the Lemp mansion. There's a huge sealed up cave under Benton park, they've been looking for the entrance for years. One of the geology schools came out years ago and conducted experiments to determine exactly where the cave lie under the park, and basically, the park sits on top of the cave......cave is bigger than the park.....hahaha.
Do Not Go to any parks on the North part of town, area by the airport, the area in the west to north of the center of St. Louis. MLK....that area too. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone!
Good Luck!!!

Ambam

Greenie
Jun 16, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Aussie Okie!

St. Louis is an awesome area! Check out Midwest Coin Shooters for local club info, we have a meeting this week (Thursday, in a part of town you don't want to hunt alone) and an informal group hunt Sunday--In Benton Park! I second Forest Park (1904 Worlds Fair), although be aware a LOT of people have hunted there. Silver is there to find, but takes a bit more work. Carondelet Park is safe, as are most of the ones in areas such as Dogtown, University City, Overland, CWE. I would avoid North City, anything along Broadway and large swaths of South City unless going with a group. I've also had excellent luck with the sidewalks and yards in my neighborhood (U City, near Delmar Loop). Happy Hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions