Crowder State Park Finds

saftgeek

Mar 2, 2007
Jefferson City, MO
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, CTX, GPX 4500, and another Nox 800 for my friends...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you ever detected on the beaches at Crowder State Park? I was there over the weekend, trying to put the Garrett 250 through it's paces... thank goodness I read the other post about obtaining a permit for detecting. I had a State Park Goon on me hard. He was yelling all the way across the lake that I needed a permit to detect. Talk about grumpy...

Anyway, I found about $.23 in clad. All but a dime was pennies. I also found a few sinkers and a small Power Ranger figure. I was just curious if anyone ever really found anything decent looking at these State Park Beaches???

Good Hunting

Bill

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
No. They don't let you detect in the water, so your stuck looking in dry sand. Did it twice and it was a waste of time.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
No. They don't let you detect in the water, so your stuck looking in dry sand. Did it twice and it was a waste of time.

I have hunted in the winter when the lake is lower, but never really found much. The only thing I can say is, the permit is free, so I usually keep one handy.....just in case I have absolutly nothing else to do....

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I had a Ranger scream at me. " Hey you need to get out of there" Why? i said "You need a permit to metal detect!!!! " I said "I have one do you want to see it?" No he said and walked off. It's better to research an hunting site to see if there are permits to be had. Even letters you get back stating that you don't need a permit. Keep it all in a Ziplock when you hunt.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
My permit reads " Metal detectors may be used to the shoreline and in the water adjacent to the specified beaches of the above named parks" Crowder is one of the parks on the list. So I read it as saying you can be in the water.

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
is it a state park or army corps of engineers.i took my family camping at a corps beach on tablerock lake.about 30 minutes before dark i went down to search the beach i found about five dollars in clad and a 14k ring.so i went back to the campsite and got up early the next morning to hit the rest of the swimming area.i was down there about 15 minutes and the people trhat ran the park came down there and told me i could`nt detect without a permit and that they could take my detector and give me a fine.ishowed them all the trash i found and glass,but they were hardcore.so i got a permit but i havent been back to that beach yet, cant wait to pull that permit out for those people.sorry about the rant.HH

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I can't believe how quick everybody around is to tell you to get out. I have been asked about 4 times last year if I had a permit. Only one person has verified if indeed I did. The others just either walked or drove away. I guess they weren't as powerful as the piece of paper I had - that they didn't check!
Most people that have power shouldn't have it!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread