Anyone know of any hunting in Independence?

Black Wolf

Jan 14, 2008
I used to live in Independence, about a mile away from the square, where there was a battle. But I know of a few different places that could be hunted in the near by area. There's one right on the Little Blue that looks as if a part of the trees were cut down for a good placement for the cannons. It's just east of Little Blue Parkway and 39th. It now looks as if someone owns the land, but I was just curious as to whether anybody with a spare MD would like to go check it out.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you were closer... that sounds pretty cool. :)

Bran <><

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
See if you can get down in the woods behind the park that Fairmount put in on north Hawthorne.My g'g'grandfather owned the land between Mt Washington and the Mo river.His cabin was down there near a spring.The James bros used it for a safe house sometimes as they were friends.In later years there was a bottle factory there also.Should be some paw paw trees nearby that they planted.See the following;(my cousin said the site was still there 15yr ago)

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/legends/vpost?id=2455205

Nov 7, 2008
I love to go bottle hunting i would love to know where this bottle factory is or was and any other bottle factorys in the area.thanks ;D

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
rjw here, 20+ years experience...KCMO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread