RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These are probably my best, a glass Dovetail, and a Mexican black Obsidian Paleo.

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0616.jpg

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I can tell from the paleo you are right handed. Now you have to make the same points in flint. Gary

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice. I can tell from the paleo you are right handed. Now you have to make the same points in flint. Gary

I just bought some Buffalo river flint from Tennessee. I can afford Obsidian, but not flint most times.

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you have a flint source you can access for free? Any creeks with flint near you? Gary

There are creeks around here with small chunks. I also have a field that has some colorful Paloi chert, but it's too small to work with. I also know of a crummy Hornstone outcrop at Camp Wallace near Cumberland Lake, but that's Fish and Wildlife property, I can't just waltz on in and grab it...

I've worked some great material gifted by folks from their areas. I have a box coming in the mail soon from a friend who has a good source of Hornstone. Plus I hope to go to the Flint Ridge knap-in this year to grab some stone there.

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are both killer looking , I love the glass dovetail reminds me of some of the crystal quartz points I find here in Maryland .... of course none are that nice. Do you sell any points you make ?

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are both killer looking , I love the glass dovetail reminds me of some of the crystal quartz points I find here in Maryland .... of course none are that nice. Do you sell any points you make ?

Yes I do. That's how I get money to buy more rock.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told of a fort Payne outcrop not far from me and hope to visit it . I owe monsterrack some flint and will grab some additional.

OP
OP
RustyRelics

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow so if Im understanding you made these? what do you charge for ones like these?

Yes, I made these. The glass one would be $25, but I added notches to the Obsidian one. That would be $30.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread